George Zimmerman found Not Guilty

Status
Not open for further replies.

To0

SANFORD, Fla. -- George Zimmerman, the man accused of murdering Trayvon Martin, was found not guilty of second-degree murder and manslaughter Saturday night.

The verdict is the culmination of a case that captured the nation's attention and will undoubtedly be imprinted in America's history. For Zimmerman, it means trying to recapture his life after he was at the center of a national maelstrom over racial profiling, state gun laws and what constitutes self-defense.

The not guilty verdict means the jury of six women, after deliberating for more than 15 hours over two days, found that Zimmerman justifiably used deadly force. They determined that he reasonably believed that such force was "necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm" to himself — Florida's definition of self-defense.

Zimmerman showed no emotion as the verdict was read. After the verdict was read, he smiled slightly and shook hands with one of his lawyers.

The unidentified jurors decided Zimmerman didn't "intentionally commit an act or acts that caused death" or demonstrate a "depraved mind without regard for human life" -- Florida's definitions of manslaughter and second-degree murder, respectively.

In a press conference after the verdict, Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara said his client will now need to get on with his life.

Read the full article here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/07/13/george-zimmerman-found-not-guilty/2514163/

17 comments
I was really suprised, when you think about it, someone just killed somebody for no reason and is a free man. Fuck justice in the world

This here proves that the American Justice System works.

George Zimmerman shouldn't have even been brought up on charges.

TM came after Zimmerman and started beating up, Zimmerman had to shoot TM. It was good that TM died before he could kill an innocent person in a home invasion.

Did you just seriously post a dailymail article to prove your point ? :facepalm: About 90% of the dailymail's articles are bullshit that proves nothing.

And lets be honest for a second here, Who as a kid has not been suspended from school ? (I have) Who has not smoked weed (I have) Who has not done graffiti (I have) And there is 0 evidence to that "burglary tool" Are you saying i deserve to be dead because of stupid things people do as a kid ?

You also seem to be forgetting zimmerman was no angel he has a criminal background. Why does he not deserve to be dead ? I don't understand you way of thinking please do explain.

He never tried to kill anyone for no reason like TM did. It was self defense what GZ did, the evidence proofs it, TM was on top of him. The gunshoot didn't touch his screen but it was a few inches away but was touching his clothes. The only way for that to happen is for TM to have been on top.

Yes its fairly apparent that trayvon was on top of him but why was he on top of him ? Because some random guy he didn't know was staking him with a gun. What would you do if someone you didn't know was stalking you with a gun then came up to you and put his hands on you? Thank fully I don't live in a county that's batshit insane but if I did im fairly sure I would have got physical why was what trayvon did any less of stand your ground ?

Having someone follow you doesn't give you the right to attack them. He had 4 minutes to run 100meters away from where GZ was but chose to confront him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back