Status
Not open for further replies.

clarksta

i would like to get an insite on how we all fund our forums DDl's etc etc

i have a vip area set up and do a little hosting to cover my cost
i dont make any money extra to go in my pocket though what i get i
put back into the forum in someway.

12 comments
When you first start out, hosting feeds really only reach about $10-$15/month max which is virtually nothing. As your site gradually grows, so will your donations and people will start donating/paying for VIP.

If you're having big trouble covering the costs, and you aren't afraid to post up your true server details and expenses (I'm so sick of assholes who put up an incorrect amount which they must reach or be shut down.. so please, so put the correct info. :P), try putting up a thread each month detailing them... Generally people will try to help out and get you through the month.

"Please donate money, our goal is $500 a month or this site will shut down!!!"

*scrolls down*

"wtf? 10 members?..."

Yea I know what you mean ;)

Well, I'm suggesting you post your real server costs, not just slab up a $100

If you're having big trouble covering the costs, and you aren't afraid to post up your true server details and expenses (I'm so sick of assholes who put up an incorrect amount which they must reach or be shut down.. so please, so put the correct info. :P), try putting up a thread each month detailing them... Generally people will try to help out and get you through the month.
Quite obviously you aren't having trouble at all.

Well, I'm suggesting you post your real server costs, not just slab up a $100

Quite obviously you aren't having trouble at all.

like i said its not about me im just intrested in how you all fund your projects
and no i have no problem funding my sites
as for the $100 target this is a good target to go for its realistic unlike other sites who push for 3 times this or more

i meet that target every month and my server cost are my personal info's that i would not post here:beardy:

My community (Voide.org) has been running for two months and so far I have made enough money just from my members buying VIP membership to cover the hosting costs a month. I also offer shared hosting plans, which are quite expensive, but a lot of my members trust me and would rather spend the extra money to support our community.

i go to work and pay for the site out of my pocket ;) if i get donations then i use that money to pay for it, i don't have to rely on advertising or members donations to keep the site alive, im not in this game for money but to share

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back