From Where to Start ? (Learnig PHP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ar!yaN

Hello All Coders & Developers,

I wants to learn PHP, for that i visited institute to learn it in proper way with diploma, after visiting them they guide me that its not easy to just learn php from start they advise me to have some knowledge in these below course as well as to learn php.

Building Dynamic Websites,
Designing Websites in Dreamweaver,
Database Development in Microsoft,
SQL Server,
eProject (Dreamweaver)

XML Simplified,
Java Programming -I,
Java Programming -II,
Programming in C#,
Foundation of .NET Development, (Framework)
Advance Foundations of .NET,
Introduction to Cloud Computing,
Project (JAVA),

and then

Working with Linux Operating System,
Using Apache Web Server,
Database Programming with MySQL,
Web Application Development with PHP,
Project (Open Source Technologies)

I am here to know that is this ok to learn all these to become expert PHP developer ?

Waiting for your kind comments.

10 comments
Java Programming -I,
Java Programming -II,
Programming in C#,
Project (JAVA),

that is nowhere related to PHP afaik. I left out XML since you'd need to have a knowledge about it (and JSON). Also feel free to skip out the dreamweaver shit.. (thats my personal opinion though) If you're starting out with writing the actual xHTML rather than the WYSIWYG interface of Dreamweaver, its fine.

Java Programming -I,
Java Programming -II,
Programming in C#,
Project (JAVA),

that is nowhere related to PHP afaik. I left out XML since you'd need to have a knowledge about it (and JSON). Also feel free to skip out the dreamweaver shit.. (thats my personal opinion though) If you're starting out with writing the actual xHTML rather than the WYSIWYG interface of Dreamweaver, its fine.

So the other things are fine to learn ? to know PHP , actually i want be perfect in app development for sites like Facebook and those scripts which are totally depend on PHP.

Thanks for the comment Dman,

so there is really no need of those things which Gaurav wrote in his post, and also those are not need to make a app on facebook or any script or module ?

Building Dynamic Websites, -> This can be done via PHP, not a mandate thing.
Designing Websites in Dreamweaver, -> Not required, you can develop a PHP script without any output -_-
Database Development in Microsoft, -> Hell no, not needed at all.
SQL Server, -> Needed if your script works with databases, google can replace this anytime.
eProject (Dreamweaver) -> Not required.

XML Simplified, -> Required a bit depending on your request/response types.
Java Programming -I, -> To know a bit of OOP concepts
Java Programming -II, -> Same as above.
Programming in C#, -> Again, not required.
Foundation of .NET Development, (Framework) -> Same as above.
Advance Foundations of .NET, -> :facepalm:
Introduction to Cloud Computing, -> Seriously? Gosh.
Project (JAVA), -> Not required.

and then

Working with Linux Operating System, -> Required coz you'll be using the script on linux servers. (just the basic stuff)
Using Apache Web Server, -> Yeah okay, required.
Database Programming with MySQL, -> Depends on requirements.
Web Application Development with PHP, -> Required.
Project (Open Source Technologies) -> Depends, coz this way you'll get to know how a complete project is built.

:blink:

For FB modules/scripts, you'll need to study their API and ofcourse a bit of google :)

Thanks for the awesome reply Halcyon,

Need more help if you know anything more related to PHP which is missing here or that i have learn ?

and also these things are not helpful or need to use make apps for iPhone or Androids ? (This is new question if not related to facebook app please dont be harsh , stay calmn)

PHP = mix of C/C++/Java concepts and HTML in case you're going to embed it.

Making apps for Androids (As I've worked on this before) requires a sound knowledge of Java. You can get the SDK from the official website and start up with setting up your Eclipse (Or any other IDE) accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back