Free DDoS protected anycast DNS for your domains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HH-Abdullah

Banned
Banned
Hi all,

We offer this to all our customers for free as an add-on. For WJ users, we are offering it for free for even non-clients of HostHatch.

It is very useful if you are currently using your domain registrar's DNS or creating private nameservers on your VPS. Private nameservers and most domain registrars' DNS are not redundant and can go down - so you can take advantage of our DNS in these cases.

It is listed at: https://hosthatch.com/anycast-dns

To get it, just follow the sign up process and enter coupon code: welovewj and it will be free for lifetime.

EDIT: DNS does not mean that you will be DDoS protected. It has a DDoS protection on itself. Using it will not get your website DDoS protection.

Please do not sign up if you are not going to use it, thanks!

Last edited:
24 comments
It cannot protect you from DDoS attacks. It itself is protected from DDoS attacks.

The nameservers (ns1, ns2 etc) you create are on your DNS server. If your DNS server goes down, your domains will stop working. In case you have a DNS with us and have a backup, you can instantly change records to another host and get up and running without propagation time required. Secondly, the DNS you create yourself will be hosted at one place, so say it is hosted in Netherlands and you get a visitor from Asia, it will have a delay. But our DNS has 14 locations, so the visitor will get the DNS queries answered from the closest server hence making it faster.

You should google for it, I am sure you will find a lot on it.

Last edited:
It cannot protect you from DDoS attacks. It itself is protected from DDoS attacks.

The nameservers (ns1, ns2 etc) you create are on your DNS server. If your DNS server goes down, your domains will stop working. In case you have a DNS with us and have a backup, you can instantly change records to another host and get up and running without propagation time required. Secondly, the DNS you create yourself will be hosted at one place, so say it is hosted in Netherlands and you get a visitor from Asia, it will have a delay. But our DNS has 14 locations, so the visitor will get the DNS queries answered from the closest server hence making it faster.

You should google for it, I am sure you will find a lot on it.

so need use your NS1 and 2 as primary?

cant login using my old account on your site, already reset password but still got error loginError
can u check? pmed u....

Last edited:
You're welcome! :)

As asked a few times and as people get confused with the DDoS protected part: DNS does not mean that your IP/webiste will be DDoS protected. It has a DDoS protection on itself so it, itself will not go down in case of DDoS. DNS is not DDoS protection. Using it will not get your website DDoS protection.

Last edited:
Btw i create support ticket and ask for namesevers i have to add them in my domain but ur support team repled no support for free membership what is this i didnt recieve any details like nameservers in email nor find in account option then how and what namesever i need to add in my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back