Finding good RELIABLE offshore hosting - A good read!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well done, this is a good bit of advertising for GenVPS

Advertising? Eh, GenVPS is USA based, there is only a small minority of people who wish to purchase USA based vps hosting here, hence this is no way an advertisement thread.

If you're getting so jealous, why don't you just make your own useful thread?

Reputable Members - I'm not naming anyone, but i do notice at times, reputable members are able to convince members into their hosting company, because of an badge. I'm in no way jealous or have a grudge against these people, infact most of them deserve the badge, but because they have a badge, doesn't automatically tell you they're a reliable person/company to deal with.

I think this is the definitive point in your post and perhaps most applicable in this forum. This is the second time I got screwed because I trusted some reputable member's vouch. What I have learned by now is people tend to vouch for their friends blindly without even knowing anything about the quality of service they provide. You would think respected members should be more careful about who or what they recommended to the general public of this forum but that's not always the case sadly.

my pov after wasting money , time and effort for hosting from jw:
go to webhostingtalk and find those big boys company offshore if you want a stable host.
you want someone who dedicated, full time job as hosting to work for you, you dont want people who take hosting as their part time or dare i say "hobby"to host your site.
contact the provider and tell them what kind of website u are running (warez, adult, hacking, nulled script, w.e), by contacting them you have an idea of how fast their customer service is. i tried to submit severals ticket in different time, one in the morning like 10am and one like 2am to see how promptly they response, if they take half a day to answer my ticket then i would move on lol. i used wrzhost and webden if u care to know. longest time i got response from them was...well, couple days. you can see how pro they handle their business.

Webhostingtalk is an unreliable site. Everyone knows that. It is owned by some crap host. Find a decent review site like webhostingstuff.com if you want to know details about a host. Dont go to a crap site like WHT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back