Finally "Avatar" Breaks "Titanic" All Time Worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Word

Hi Everyone,

According to Boxofficemojo Finally '' Avatar '' Breaks '' Titanic '' All Time Worldwide Grossing Record.

347a595.jpg

wow Titanic was on the top for about 12-13 Years and James Cameron Did it Again now How Long Avatar is gonna be on the top ?
I cant see any movie coming in 2010, 2011 & 2012 which can break this record.
What Do You Think ?

36 comments
It was a good movie, don't talk shit about something if you haven't seen it. Visually and Audibly it was stunning. I normally don't care for larger budgeted movies because they tend to rely more on explosions or other retarded and cheap gimmicks that appeal more to the masses, without regard to anything else that a good movie should have. That being said though, Avatar had a very nice and incredibly detailed storyline. The casting and acting were both fairly nice as well (though Tatum will probably be forever typecasted because of this role). Much to my surprise it wasn't just a 3 hour movie with random and out-of-place action sequences, it focused a great deal on the emotional aspect of the events that were occurring. My only problem with it is that it played into a common and possibly overused concept: how imperialism, colonialism, etc. are destroying the beauty of nature and its native cultures.

But those of you who say "it sucks" just because the trailer looks bad, or because you think that it's just a cheesy popcorn thrill ride meant only to make money like most other hollywood movies, are being way too closeminded by just writing it off in that way without actually seeing it. If you see it and don't like it, that's one thing, but judging it without seeing it is f*cking retarded in my opinion.

It will probably hold that box office record for quite some time. I'm think the only realistic chance that a movie in the near future could have in beating it is maybe the hobbit, though i doubt it.

+1 RightfullyYours.

I have not seen the movie yet but I really want to just based on seeing the trailer it looks a fantastic film!

Everybody is entitled to their opinion of course but come on chaps at least base the opinion on something :S

Peace :D

JGM.

no movie will ever beat the classics.. thats the point.. ya it mighta brought in more revenue but avatar will never beat titanic

It sucks.
what an incredibly useful comment

@djeuro
that doesn't make sense. if no movie can beat a classic, how the fuck could any movie become a classic in the first place. titanic was an alright movie, but there have certainly been better since then in the aspect of dramatic/love/romance movies

Titanic is a good movie but they focused too much on just 2 people rather than the hundreds of people who lost their lives.

the thing about titanic is that even though it's supposed to be a romance/drama movie, none of the emotions (in my opinion at least) seemed realistic or genuine. I'm not saying the acting was bad, I just think that they went too much into chivalry and not enough into raw emotion. They overplayed the classic and typical Romance theme, and didn't go into realistic intensity and frenzy.

no movie will ever beat the classics.. thats the point.. ya it mighta brought in more revenue but avatar will never beat titanic

You have no right to say shit if you've never seen it... stop being an ignorant prick.

I thought it was pretty good, I really only went to see it for the 3D/budget... and was surprised that it wasn't a horrible storyline.

Everyone has their opinion, but if you're just going to say "it sucked" or "I never seen it, but..." save your time and don't hit the Reply button.

Thanks.

Yeah I hear what you saying m8, it is still a good movie though the big problem I found with it was that after I had seen it I watched it again a few months later and spent 3 hours bored shitless :S

JGM.

I didn't like Avatar but then besides the effects of Titanic I didn't care much for the movie either.
I though the story of avatar was predictable and Cliché in the whole save the environment way and were killing resources. These sorta movies spend big bucks on the movies and advertising.

It's the movies with good stories I prefer not big wallets.

EDIT: Please don't comment if you haven't seen the movie guys.

Well from what I have seen in the trailers etc Mr Happy it "seems" to have a good storyline behind it, like I said earlier though I have not seen it yet but I am waiting till a decent rip comes out ;). What was it you didn't like or was it just an overall thing?

JGM.

Sorry, what I meant to say in my previous comment was don't make stupid comments saying it's crap/brilliant if you haven't seen it. By all means reply.

Well from what I have seen in the trailers etc Mr Happy it "seems" to have a good storyline behind it, like I said earlier though I have not seen it yet but I am waiting till a decent rip comes out ;). What was it you didn't like or was it just an overall thing?

JGM.
I though it was too predictable good versus evil, saving the environment thing.
SPOILER WARNING!
It was fairly obvious he'd switch sides and it was all about that weird tree with the lights and magical powers that would save them. OH and anyone who didn't see it was obvious he'd end up riding that big dragon thing and saves the day needs to get out more.
END SPOILER WARNING!
I prefer movies like Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, etc movies that are well though out with a solid storyline. You don't need superb effects for a great movie.

Titanic is an all time favorite film :) which can be watched day and night but Avatar is only a one time watch start getting board if we watch it on and on

Everyone has every right they want to say they don't want to see the movie because they think it sucks. That is what a trailer is for. It is to make someone want to come see it. If the trailer doesn't appeal to the person, then they have a right to not want to see it and say "it sucks."

Sorry, what I meant to say in my previous comment was don't make stupid comments saying it's crap/brilliant if you haven't seen it. By all means reply.

I though it was too predictable good versus evil, saving the environment thing.
SPOILER WARNING!
It was fairly obvious he'd switch sides and it was all about that weird tree with the lights and magical powers that would save them. OH and anyone who didn't see it was obvious he'd end up riding that big dragon thing and saves the day needs to get out more.
END SPOILER WARNING!
I prefer movies like Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, Pulp Fiction, Usual Suspects, etc movies that are well though out with a solid storyline. You don't need superb effects for a great movie.

=) Pulp Ficiton now there is an all time classic movie!

Mr Happy, i agree that it was predictable, though that doesn't necessarily mean the storyline is bad. the storyline, while predictable like you said, was incredibly detailed (much more so than similar "go green", "people are only destructive" types of movies), so with that in mind i have a fair amount of respect for it. when you spend 15 years making a movie (i think he started developing the story back in the 90's) there's definitely a large amount a dedication that goes into, which for me is the main thing that I like about it. The fact that expensive movies like Transformers or Dark Knight or whatever else were thought up and created in like a year or two definitely sets Avatar apart. The amount of work and time that went into should certainly be noted.

@d3monic
no, if they haven't seen a movie then they can't say it sucks. they can say the trailer sucks all they want, but you can't base an opinion of an entire three hour movie on a fucking two minute trailer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back