filesonic files deleted: digital printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaellin85

SORRY I MEANT TO SAY DIGITAL FINGERPRINTING.

hey guys, so i received this email from filesonic today saying that the file is deleted due to this digital fingerprint crap. but the weird thing is, this file consists 7 part .rar. why did they delete only part1 as shown in the image? i did not add .txt file, rename or change md5 hash. by doing these things am i safer in the future?
Egz27Br.JPG

43 comments
As name put random collection of numbers letters, put password on on rar archive and make sure to check Encrypt filenames when you add password and that is everything that you need...

got the same message today as i was trying out some new upload methods
to prevent it double zip (if the data isnt TOO big) md5 hash change
should do the trick
offcourse you'll still get dmca,if you spread the content thats unavoidable ;)

Zip files without even 1 part are useless, they know what they are doing xD
that makes sense, saves them a lot of clicks too.

As name put random collection of numbers letters, put password on on rar archive and make sure to check Encrypt filenames when you add password and that is everything that you need...
i understand changing the file name would change the md5 hash too but what does the password have to do with this?

got the same message today as i was trying out some new upload methods
to prevent it double zip (if the data isnt TOO big) md5 hash change
should do the trick
offcourse you'll still get dmca,if you spread the content thats unavoidable ;)
i'm changing the md5 hash, let's hope this works.

A lot of files are being deleted lately by Filesonic. It's rather frustrating but oh well..:P Any more tips guys? Safelinking, works?

the digital fingerprint system was on already since months... but noone complaints because it wasn't working with rars...everyone simply rars the files avoiding the check... now it did... change md5, rar files or recompress it doesn't solve the problem because it's not a simple file comparison... it's far more advanced... for now the only way to avoid it is encrypt the content of rar files (aka add passwords)... only with that you will make sure they can't recognise the content...

i dont' know what workaround there are to digital fingerprinting. but i'm renaming my rar's changing md5 hash, and adding txt file. so far, i haven't had any files deleted.

i finde out why my files geting deletet...
i find more then 5 ppl leching from me, same file no rerar, and then post on 100 and more forums, so when they got dmc report my files automatickli got delete bicouse have same digital fingerprinting....

all files have unike digital fingerprint, and when one time file is delete by DMC, then all file with same DF will bi deletet, so if you upload movie without rar, and someone else do same, and he got report by DMC, then your file will be deletet to bicouse same DF...

if you rar file with txt file and someone lech from you with remote upload it is same story

I have some idea how digital fingerprint works but its crazy that they can detect files no matter what I do. Changing filenames, raring them, changing MD5, adding password...seems like nothing works. Raring used to keep the files safe but they seemed to be have found a workaround for that as well.

I tried diff things & now i know how to tackle with this DP, but I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAR IT UP THAT IT IS NOT DEPENDENT ON MD5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back