FileServe - Make Money - Up to $25 per 1000 downloads (Official thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't stop asking myself a question, how is it possible that both FSC and FS are suffering speed issues at exact same time. If there was just an hour difference, I could understand, but at exact same time?

Guys, are you all on Softlayer network, all of you with speed issues? Is there anyone from EU that suffer this problem?

@ cvrle77: FSC and us don't sit on the same network. They're located in EU and we're located in the US.

What makes us wonder is that it is only some (VPS) users affected by it. We're still looking into what has caused this since other hosters on the same network as us are not running slow speeds.

I know that you aren't on the same continent, however FSC have 'few' servers in USA as well.
I am sure that none of speed issues have anything to do with you. It must be some of the carriers that caused this. (Softlayer network) As you can see, some users have 8MB limited speed, per file, like me, and some drastically lower.
Exactly same thing is happening with FSC. However, upload speed to their USA servers are fine, while outgoing traffic to EU is crap.

I have dedicated server, with SAS drives, and I am affected too, no question is it my server, because I saw the exact moment when speeds dropped to both file-hosts.

Problem is somewhere in between, with middleman. The one who is delivering my traffic to your servers.

And tracert doesn't tell anything, where's the problem. :(

Last edited:
@ cvrle77: Good to see some feedback on this. We're trying to locate where the issue could be and where it can be fixed.

However, the problem doesnt seem to occur on Uploadstation or Usershare who happens to be in the same datacenter as us - Any idea?

FileSonic & FileServe in web upload is damn slow like 200kb/s or sometimes 45kb/s but remote uploading on filesonic is damn fast i Remote Uploader 1GB links (5 links) and it got uploaded under 1 min. so i thought FS also got same thing. i tried in FileServe but no it was same slow :( not that fast

Remote upload from Uploadstation to Fileserve? Server to Server. Maybe that way you can track down which piece of hardware/cables decided to go from 1 gbit to 100mbit.

I really would have to be in DC, to try to isolate the problem, but it could be that router/switch just before the servers is causing issues.

Server >> Router >> Rest of the internet

Yes, I get speeds abt 70-80 MB from both Usershare-Uploadstation. This also cuts out Softlayer network, and my end.
So, problem is either in network cards/cables/router or maybe even in code? Any recent changes?

@ cvrle77: No, I meant the same people uploading files to Uploadstation or Usershare doesn't seem to be affected. That's what's puzzling us.

And yes, we're closely working with our provider to locate the issue. As you may be one of the few that knows, it could be a single thing that causes this massive "shut out" of speed.

From my end, looks like someone was messing with router/network card speeds, and switched from 1gbit to 100mbit. That could explain why US/UP have normal speeds (different hardware just before the servers that delivers traffic to/from them)
Ping doesn't say anything in that case, tracert also.

But it looks it's only upload that is affected, because:

QT4Xz.jpg

@ cvrle77: Appreciate the feedback. And yes, looks like it is only upload speed affected.

@ all: Remote is fine if you are getting files from MU or RS. No issues there. It won't go at your 99 MB/sec if you start putting your sBorg/RL or files on your RDP up on this.

@RickyFS:

still no clues on what's the problem and how to fix the upload speed??

0.29mb/s now...... it keeps getting worse. from the 40mb/s I had until 3 days ago, this is a disaster..... :(:(

@ BloodSucker: We know you had 40 MB/sec and we know many others had this. We're awaiting our provider to look into things we have requested for them to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back