Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Jason. There's no reason to assume that anytime you detect multiple IP logins the user must be willingly sharing his account. Its quite possible that his account got hacked.

Even if you are careful you can still get hacked these days and if the hacker doesn't change the password and instead decides to share the account publicly, there's no way for a customer to know that his account has been compromised. Just look at all those cases of hacked forums reported here on WJ regularly. Do you think webmasters knowingly lets their forums get hacked? But it still happens.

That's why its better to automatically warn customers by email if multiple IP login is detected. That way the customer can take precautions.

I am not taking anyone's side here. Just trying to be fair to both parties.

Calm the hell down, everyone. This is not a kiddie ride where the best one with comebacks wins.

If there is a problem, be professional about it, and try to use common sense.

Agree with Jason. There's no reason to assume that anytime you detect multiple IP logins the user must be willingly sharing his account. Its quite possible that his account got hacked.

Even if you are careful you can still get hacked these days and if the hacker doesn't change the password and instead decides to share the account publicly, there's no way for a customer to know that his account has been compromised. Just look at all those cases of hacked forums reported here on WJ regularly. Do you think webmasters knowingly lets their forums get hacked? But it still happens.

That's why its better to automatically warn customers by email if multiple IP login is detected. That way the customer can take precautions.

I am not taking anyone's side here. Just trying to be fair to both parties.
+1 .

TFDs Guide To Using Your FileServe Premium Account
  • Do not share your fileserve premium account, not even with friends/family/pets.
  • Do not use your fileserve premium account at work or on holiday.
  • Do not use your fileserve premium account on your mobile.
  • Do not use your fileserve premium account during space travel.
  • Do not lose, misplace, or cast asunder your fileserve premium account.
  • Do not have your fileserve premium account robbed, kidnapped, maimed, phished, hacked or trodden on.
  • Finally, do NOT under any circumstances, use your fileserve premium account.
Failure to follow these rules will result in your premium accounts immediate closure (no matter how much time is left).

My account has been disabled!?
If your account has been disabled please open whiny threads on WJunction so we can thrash you with our childish mannerisms and offer no professional suggestion or compromise.

FileServe - Shooting first... because questions are for never.

Thanks for reading :D

agreed with Jason & Prazsky. I still remember when I request a paysite password in some hacker boards, they really send a valid 'username: password'. some shared it publicly and some shared in VIP/Staff section.

so what I wanna say there is possibility our account has been hacked where we do not know it was happened.

the best solution as what members suggest is auto change the password if multiple IPs has been detected (like what Rapidshare do).

banning a member with assumption of he/she shared the account is unacceptable for me. see why hotfile do not banned their premiums if user abused their system instead just reverted them to free account so they can still buy another premium again. they are smart as see the sense that without premium members they are nothing.

That's why I lean more into notifying the owner for a compromised account. If filehosts can see what's really going on underground - account trading and stuff, they'd be surprised at how prevalent these things are. I don't think there wouldn't be any harm notifying the real owners.

TFDs Guide To Using Your FileServe Premium Account
  • Do not share your fileserve premium account, not even with friends/family/pets.
  • Do not use your fileserve premium account at work or on holiday.
  • Do not use your fileserve premium account on your mobile.
  • Do not use your fileserve premium account during space travel.
  • Do not lose, misplace, or cast asunder your fileserve premium account.
  • Do not have your fileserve premium account robbed, kidnapped, maimed, phished, hacked or trodden on.
  • Finally, do NOT under any circumstances, use your fileserve premium account.
Failure to follow these rules will result in your premium accounts immediate closure (no matter how much time is left).

My account has been disabled!?
If your account has been disabled please open whiny threads on WJunction so we can thrash you with our childish mannerisms and offer no professional suggestion or compromise.

FileServe - Shooting first... because questions are for never.

Thanks for reading :D
lulz nice one :D

I'm not defending anyone because once I lost 3 of my accounts because of getting hacked (that is why now I am more cautious and changed the password almost every 2 weeks or monthly), 1 of the filehosts gave me help getting my accounts back (RS), 1 replied once but then seemed dont care about it anymore (MU), and 1 of them not even replying to my mail (HF) - thou it seemed like its their policy ignoring these situations.

a quote from HF:
My account was hacked?
You must keep secure your account information. Any mails about hacked accounts, changed information and so on will be ignored! It is your responsibility to keep your account information safe.

and a quote from Ricky's first post:
We have recently noticed an increasing trend, which more and more users have their accounts hijacked by someone who is hosted on the same Rapidleech account/server. We advice you to keep your details confidential.

We will like to notify you that account sharing is not permitted and that we will enforce bans on users who are found to be suspicious/running activity that otherwise would not seem normal.

@RickyFS
If you're trying to say that everyone whos account gets hacked, won't get his account re-enabled is just plain stupidity. WJunction is full of persons who are in underground world, most of them own cracking/hacking forums where they share publicly accounts and everything. Especially, File Host accounts. Once, I had to download one movie, and only File Host who had that movie was FileServe. So I asked my friend to "get" me one FileServe account. And he gave me some account which was stolen, and that's 100%. Guys from FileServe probably disabled that account after some time (used it only once for the movie) because you thought that person was sharing his account with me. Even though, he has no reason to share his account with anyone. And you know that no one would share his account with someone, he's paying for it. Not the other guy.

If some other IP (from different country) gets logged on the account. There should be an automated system which should email the owner of the account that someone logged on his account. Add some kind of protection or something, just like every other NORMAL host like RapidShare would do.

Just remember that people paid for their accounts. It's not like you can disable their accounts just because their account was compromised.

Yes, people do pay to get a service and yes, there are people out there that their daily job is to steal premium accounts. :O

But the big question is : How does FS protect all those premium users if their account gets hacked and most importantly what does it do when something like that happens, esp. when RickyFS states that they don't really have to explain why one's account get disabled, taking for granded that the premium user who has paid their money has cheated or disobeyed TOS..

agreed with Jason & Prazsky. I still remember when I request a paysite password in some hacker boards, they really send a valid 'username: password'. some shared it publicly and some shared in VIP/Staff section.

so what I wanna say there is possibility our account has been hacked where we do not know it was happened.

the best solution as what members suggest is auto change the password if multiple IPs has been detected (like what Rapidshare do).

banning a member with assumption of he/she shared the account is unacceptable for me. see why hotfile do not banned their premiums if user abused their system instead just reverted them to free account so they can still buy another premium again. they are smart as see the sense that without premium members they are nothing.

They can go buy a new one. Those people don't even have a file on their account, so what's the difference besides we keep your email information?

You can claim whatever you want over the Internet. I've read on several forums that if you drop a sob-story to us we will re-enable you again. Not going to happen. Wiskerluv isn't going to get re-enabled and aapkae was a self-referral moron trying to defraud our system for 25%.

You violate our TOS, you get done. We don't go hunt people who has done nothing wrong. Again this is a case for the smaller people speaking louder than the quiet ones who has no qualms or issues with our service.

Ricky FS:

You are one nasty SOB if I may say so. I don't give a crap whether you re-enable me or not- I would rather eat shit anyway than join your stupid service. Just wait, it won't be long before your site goes down. You judge people before you find out the truth. Maybe some people are lying, but not all of us are liars.

If I was so guilty, why would I be arguing this issue? I don't like being accused of something I didn't do through my own fault. Yes at least Rapidshare notifies it's customers which is the proper thing to do. I was hacked one time on RS and they let me know so that I could rectify the situation. I don't think we willingly share our accounts since we pay for them, so why should others use the accounts for free?

Ricky FS:

You are one nasty SOB if I may say so. I don't give a crap whether you re-enable me or not- I would rather eat shit anyway than join your stupid service. Just wait, it won't be long before your site goes down. You judge people before you find out the truth. Maybe some people are lying, but not all of us are liars.

If I was so guilty, why would I be arguing this issue? I don't like being accused of something I didn't do through my own fault. Yes at least Rapidshare notifies it's customers which is the proper thing to do. I was hacked one time on RS and they let me know so that I could rectify the situation. I don't think we willingly share our accounts since we pay for them, so why should others use the accounts for free?

Should we impose a download limit too? That would be the proper thing to do too, right?

You can call me whatever you want to call me. Bottom line is that you violated our TOS.

We are not babysitters of your personal information.

...ban lol

@RickyFS don't re-enable these losers but please look into doing what other hosts do and that is to automatically change password and send to email if there is strange activity. As for exploiting the referal system, fuck them.

Do not use your fileserve premium account at work or on holiday.
Dam serious? most of us are on holiday atm and i think its sad if the accounts gets disabled on holiday seasons.

Btw fileserve is a great site. I mostly download from rs and fs nowdays xD

Hi Ricky I have a quick question. I just wanted to ask to save myself some possible trouble in the future. My upload speed isn't that great so I was thinking of renting a virtual session/RDP that can do most of my large uploads/downloads. Is this going to get my account banned? Or if I provide information to you ahead of time is this ok? I like Fileserve and I've had no issues so I just wanted to check ahead of time.

Thanks!

Hi Ricky I have a quick question. I just wanted to ask to save myself some possible trouble in the future. My upload speed isn't that great so I was thinking of renting a virtual session/RDP that can do most of my large uploads/downloads. Is this going to get my account banned? Or if I provide information to you ahead of time is this ok? I like Fileserve and I've had no issues so I just wanted to check ahead of time.

Thanks!

Hey Axey,

They don't care if you use multiple logins for uploading purpose. Hell, you can even upload from 100 IP addresses. They won't care.

Downloading from several places is what that's going to get you ban.

It's your mistake ffs. Stop with the nonsense. Ricky is trying to give support to everyone. You got hacked and that's your mistake.

How will ricky know if you were really not sharing your account with others?
It's crazy. Stop with the jerk shit.

This Ricky is fully aware of the possibility that he is disabling users who are the victims of some sort of hack. I'm aware to the terms I agreed to and I know he's within rights to disable my account. So I'm through with him and he with me. But he's a jerk when it comes to dealing with customers. There's no need to be snarky and accusatory. He could just give me the benefit of the doubt and inform me of the strict policy. It's called professionalism.

What do you care anyway, Royal King? Cram it.

Dam serious? most of us are on holiday atm and i think its sad if the accounts gets disabled on holiday seasons.

Btw fileserve is a great site. I mostly download from rs and fs nowdays xD

The guy has no clue what he's talking about and how we catch out people who are abusing our system. I won't reveal how it is done either, so keep guessing and wake up for a surprise, when you know you have fcuked up.

People download when they're on vacation and they download just fine and return to a healthy account.

It's easy to give a "hacked" story. It's harder for them to explain how they were hacked. The easiest would be to give a sob-story (i.e. read wiskerluv) and act innocent through-and-through in the hopes of us returning the account to them for a "2nd chance". That is simply not going to fly - I've been using FS myself for test on downloads (speed, link checking etc.) for 9 months...Not once have my accounts been "hacked"/"phished". Why? I don't put my details into other websites other than fileserve.com.

We help out people with hacked accounts on a daily basis. In fact we have 20+ cases every day; that's 600+ different people a month that we help out. These people who voice their opinion here is the minority. It's like comparing Right-Wing Nazi supporters in Malawi with the rest of the population. You hear about them, but you hardly see them. If you see them they come as a wolf-pact.

PS. OP got his account back.

The guy has no clue what he's talking about and how we catch out people who are abusing our system. I won't reveal how it is done either, so keep guessing and wake up for a surprise, when you know you have fcuked up.

People download when they're on vacation and they download just fine and return to a healthy account.

It's easy to give a "hacked" story. It's harder for them to explain how they were hacked. The easiest would be to give a sob-story (i.e. read wiskerluv) and act innocent through-and-through in the hopes of us returning the account to them for a "2nd chance". That is simply not going to fly - I've been using FS myself for test on downloads (speed, link checking etc.) for 9 months...Not once have my accounts been "hacked"/"phished". Why? I don't put my details into other websites other than fileserve.com.

We help out people with hacked accounts on a daily basis. In fact we have 20+ cases every day; that's 600+ different people a month that we help out. These people who voice their opinion here is the minority. It's like comparing Right-Wing Nazi supporters in Malawi with the rest of the population. You hear about them, but you hardly see them. If you see them they come as a wolf-pact.

PS. OP got his account back.

Whats fileserves policy on downloading from rl as my account would prob have alot of different ips using it,like from where i live,germany usa and netherlands ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back