Votes: 43 31.4%
  • Low

Votes: 23 16.8%
  • Very low

Votes: 47 34.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Filemates. If you want to make more money why don't you make the limit of any downloadable file for free users is 200 Mb ( like it was before ), instead of that doubtful download manager. Or putting the ad in website for the free users like many other file hosts does. 8-)

Moreover, it affects negatively on me more than the other buddies, bc 99% of my files are already cannot be downloaded except by a premium memberships, but now that download manager which various antiviruses identifying it as spyware might makes my downloaders doubt about the entire site and they maybe think it's scam or it tries to spy on users, and then the users will run away.!
MUkIL.gif

And even if the download manager was 100% clean, there is no users prefer the file hosts which force them to download its software before downloading the required files.
ohwell.gif

Why you push us to leave Filemates although it was an awesome files host before that download manager policy ?!! :facepalm:

Completely agree.

First of all, FM told us it was a downloadmanager. Could not test it during the try out period, but now I did. This is clearly not a downloadmanager, but just a crazy tool to install unwanted software (and probably malware) on someone's pc. A real downloadmanager will make downloads go smoother, this thing clearly does not.

Me too, I had most of my files already set as premium. The few free ones were intended to let people "test" filemates. In order to protect my users, all files are set to premium now. I really wonder if no "testfiles" will lead to more sales, I doubt it + I had to give my users an explanation why I suddenly made all my files premium. In other words, I had to had to tell them about the viruses and malware. Very good publicity indeed X-(

One thing I don't understand about (most/all) filehosts : you guys let free users wait for one minute before they can download. Do you realize how much targeted publicity you can make in one minute ? You know where the downloader is coming from, you know what he wants to download, that is a goldmine for a marketeer.

But no, instead of using this and make a goldmine of this opportunity you install malware.

I repeat once more : free downloads are economically a bad thing, both for filehosts and uploaders, so you need to convince people to buy premium. Infecting their computers is not the way to do. Making them happy is.

But I don't worry, as many over here I had a quick look at my stats for the last days. Guess that in a couple of days things will be normal again.

well all you guys... about virus alarm in most cases if not all cases are false alarms... it is just the signature of the exe file that comes from a widely used cloud service that creates this problem... any way...

about sales... who will buy if he sees this stupid tool? well we see sales increase... if this continues we will go on with this tool... users get afraid of using this tool and prefer buy premium... so this is good for filemates...

now about the rest of your suggestions... CPC or CPM ad networks give TOOOOO LITTLEEEE... i used many many networks in the past on filemates and i decided to clean it from ads exactly because of this... CPC rates of 0.02-0.04 euros... Are we crazy???

Also with the ads, users were getting confused and were clicking thinking that they can download that thing from that place and didn't follow filemates any more... very low sales rate... do you know the sales rate we had since when we stopped ads? triple... ;)

SO... "download manager" as i called in in brackets since the beginning is an AD TOOL to install things/add-ons and earn money for filemates...

i may limit 200MB free downloads... BUT still for those less than 200MB the tool will continue to exist...

So do you want us to go back to 200MB limit? no problem... but still for those free (less than 200MB) downloads will pass through the tool...

we are on a tuesday and we had sales we normally have on a friday...

If this goes on, i will keep the exe tool... as both you and filemates earn!!!

Mates,

Please............

Leave well enough alone, Mates.

Leave the 400mb threshold were it is !

Stop tinkering..........please.

:-)

Ansley

Me too, I had most of my files already set as premium. The few free ones were intended to let people "test" filemates. In order to protect my users, all files are set to premium now. I really wonder if no "testfiles" will lead to more sales, I doubt it + I had to give my users an explanation why I suddenly made all my files premium. In other words, I had to had to tell them about the viruses and malware. Very good publicity indeed X-(

The same for me, now I have to apply the ( Premium All ) on the whole files, even for the small files which I used to leaving it free for users to test the quality of the rest of files, but now my downloaders cannot test anything because I prefer to apply ( Premium All ) for all files, on letting any of my downloader seeing that tool what probably give him a bad point about Filemates! , but also if I did it won't be enough useful, because my downloader might watch that tool when downloading the files from other uploaders, then his bad point about Filemates will include all filemates's files, regardless of the website he downloading the filemates's files from, or if the file was for premium only or for all. :facepalm:

well all you guys... about virus alarm in most cases if not all cases are false alarms... it is just the signature of the exe file that comes from a widely used cloud service that creates this problem... any way...

Sorry mates, even if it was 100% clean, the normal downloaders won't realize that !
Wq8tc.gif

about sales... who will buy if he sees this stupid tool? well we see sales increase... if this continues we will go on with this tool... users get afraid of using this tool and prefer buy premium... so this is good for filemates...
So do you want us to go back to 200MB limit? no problem... but still for those free (less than 200MB) downloads will pass through the tool...

And do you have a statistic of how many users used that download manager tool to get the files !? ... I just can expect it's too little, and as long as the target of that tool is not in itself, but to increase the rate of premium sales, then There are really an alternative ways to make both of us happy.

Even if the limit was now 1 Gb, I guess very few free users would download the files from filemates if the file was really especial and there was no alternative links of it in the other hosts, but if the file wasn't especial and there were a lot of alternative links of it in the other hosts, many free users will run away from filemates, if we suppose that there will still uploaders that didn't apply ( premium all ) for all of their files soon or later as long as this ugly tool is here. I can say from my experience when I was a normal downloader, I was always think badly about the file hosts that force users to download its tools before getting any file from it, and it was a doubtful web sites for me, not just because the possible danger of trojans and spywares of its tools, but also because I was always hate to have a strange tools in my pc, especially those of Ads, which confusing you with toolbars and ads windows. I was ready to reformat my pc just to get rid of it ! ... And if I return back as a normal downloader now I won't change that, and won't accept strange download tools in my pc whatever the file I want is important and especial.
UVQv2.gif

If you insist to keep this tool I suggest instead and to abbreviate the time to make the premium membership is a condition to download any file, I know that is the final target behind that tool, because soon or later I think most of us ( if not all ) will discover that we're forced to apply ( premium all ) for all of our files, to prevent any of our downloaders to even see that tool and then he change his mind about filemates which will reduce our sales of course.

But for example if you raise the rate of commission for sales to ( 70% ), and apply a policy of premium membership to download any of files, it will really make all uploaders more enthusiastic to apply to keep uploading, and I think you won't lose any uploader, beside the rate of premium sales will be increasing, and of course the download manager tool will be completely useless in that case, and in the end we both will be happy and satisfied.
AJtqZ.gif

It's just a suggestion because that tool didn't leave much solutions to dealing with.

filemates, I do not understand, I forward your download manager to the google coders, if they say this software is harmfull
you will be punished by anyway. They send me email about it and if software includes any kind abusive code inside
your site you will come face to face with results

this capture is a just fake/demo screen yet, if google find a code inside, we can see this warning at any time

anx4zm109m5f.jpg

guys... you all know i always heard your opinions and followed many of the times your instructions... i will do the same this time as well... but give me few days to see results of this tool... and alternatives to push premium sales without this tool...

i will let you know ;)

filemates, I do not understand, I forward your download manager to the google coders, if they say this software is harmfull
you will be punished by anyway. They send me email about it and if software includes any kind abusive code inside
your site you will come face to face with results

this capture is a just fake/demo screen yet, if google find a code inside, we can see this warning at any time

anx4zm109m5f.jpg

hehhehe i just read your message... just laughing... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
do you think warning this way will make me scare??? :)):)):)):))

I never thought that my friend, just let you know. If your software is clean, no need to worry. For example, rapidshare using softwares to upload files from pc, and nobody has a suspicious about them cause its rapidshare. If google says you are free, lets have a party together.

The purpose of this download manager is not to increase the number of sales, is just to gather more money from ads, mates said himself that the CPC networks offered just 0.02-0.04$. So stop BSing us with the "more sales" thing, is obvious that this "tool" is decreasing the total nr of premium sells.

it is not the same as letitbit... letitbit gives fast downloads with download manager... that indeed is just a tool to make money for them... filemates even with the tool still gives downloads with VERY low speeds...

i do not know if you catch the meaning ;)

AS YOU WILL HAVE SEEN FEW HOURS NOW THE DOWNLOAD MANAGER IS OFF...

HOPE THIS MAKES YOU ALL HAPPY AGAIN AS WE RECEIVED TOO MANY EMAILS AGAINST AND DECIDED TO STOP IT...

AS YOU WILL HAVE SEEN FEW HOURS NOW THE DOWNLOAD MANAGER IS OFF...

HOPE THIS MAKES YOU ALL HAPPY AGAIN AS WE RECEIVED TOO MANY EMAILS AGAINST AND DECIDED TO STOP IT...

Told you so didn't i B-)

while it's too late for me really hoped u have listened earlier hope u all start earning as usual again soon

as if u mates before u get any magical ideas here some things that might help

first it's 9.99/ month every host have it and it will work exactly like 7.99 and 8.99 and sure change the rest of plans accordingly

second u wouldn't lose any think by adding two ad banners it won't cost u a single penny more so whatever they pay u it's already a plus as of it makes downloader confused come on mates choose a decent network and it won't just like mediafire and a lot of of the best file sharing services just not POP-UPS

hope u listen this time and hope the money coming from this stop u from thinking who to eearn more

and just quote from ansley IF IT IS NOT BROKEN DON"T FIX IT

still u where one of the best i worked with after filesonic :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back