Filehosts (AKA Cyberlockers) With Lifetime Premium Accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually signed up for a month of Crashplan yesterday, but I could only upload at 50 kb/s. I'm on a 100Mbit pipe. I'm not using them next month. It's like watching paint dry. :/

That said, Crashplan is more attractive for storage, rather than backup. Whereas Backblaze checks your computer for files you have deleted and then auto deletes them after 60 days on their servers, Crashplan doesn't. See if you connect an external drive to your computer and upload its files, but don't reconnect the drive within 60 days, Backblaze decides you no longer use that drive and so those files you uploaded are deleted. With Crashplan, you can upload from an external drive, disconnect it, and never reconnect it to your computer and Crashplan will not delete those files. Mozy has too many bad reviews - I don't know much about their plans.

With Backblaze, you can't choose what to upload, the program uploads everything on your computer and connected drives (but not networked drives).

Crashplan is more geared toward users who want to choose what to upload and those files which you don't want backed-up to Crashplan's servers.

Backblaze, again, remember, deletes a backed-up file from its servers if it doesn't exist on your computer anymore for 60 days. So if you accidentally delete a file, or have watched a movie and deleted it because you don't want it to crowd your hard drive, you've only got 60 days to remember to get it off Backblaze.

Keepit.com looks shoddy and has hardly any customer support to offer. Livedrive.net looks VERY enticing.

Can you guys download from Filesonic, your own account?
I log in, but when I try to download my own files, i get the famous message, although I am logged in and accessing my own files...: "All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager".

yup you can, but you only download it with your browser, you can't download it using download manager.
so it's means it can really slow, I tried using my windows servers (with rdp capability) for upload I can get 45 MB/sec max (yup it on 1 gbit link server )
but for download I only getting around 2 MB/sec
you only need go to your filemanager and choose the files from there.
hope it help

I actually signed up for a month of Crashplan yesterday, but I could only upload at 50 kb/s. I'm on a 100Mbit pipe. I'm not using them next month. It's like watching paint dry. :/
Check in options and deactivate data deduplication and data compression, it uses far too much resources on your machine and you won't get good upload speeds.

That said, Crashplan is more attractive for storage, rather than backup. Whereas Backblaze checks your computer for files you have deleted and then auto deletes them after 60 days on their servers, Crashplan doesn't. See if you connect an external drive to your computer and upload its files, but don't reconnect the drive within 60 days, Backblaze decides you no longer use that drive and so those files you uploaded are deleted. With Crashplan, you can upload from an external drive, disconnect it, and never reconnect it to your computer and Crashplan will not delete those files. Mozy has too many bad reviews - I don't know much about their plans.

With Backblaze, you can't choose what to upload, the program uploads everything on your computer and connected drives (but not networked drives).

Crashplan is more geared toward users who want to choose what to upload and those files which you don't want backed-up to Crashplan's servers.

Backblaze, again, remember, deletes a backed-up file from its servers if it doesn't exist on your computer anymore for 60 days. So if you accidentally delete a file, or have watched a movie and deleted it because you don't want it to crowd your hard drive, you've only got 60 days to remember to get it off Backblaze.

Keepit.com looks shoddy and has hardly any customer support to offer. Livedrive.net looks VERY enticing.

good info. looks like livedrive.net is down tho. i guess i wont use any of these seveices but looked so promising

has anybody considered slingfile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back