Filehosts (AKA Cyberlockers) With Lifetime Premium Accounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, yea I got shafted pretty well.

We'll see though.

MegaUpload's got a top notch legal team, a good deal of support, and is gearing up to fight these U.S. corporate interests.

My understanding is the data hasn't been deleted yet. Either way, I'm still operating under the assumption that MegaUpload (the service) will come back or that another host will replace it.

MegaShares premium account for now (I'm abusing the hell out of the account--chewing up as much bandwidth as I can and only sharing small links since they don't have lifetime).

About to drop Netload. It's heartening that they've done some improving (most hosts don't, really). But if they don't add lifetime I'm really not interested.

Slingfile doesn't have any way for me to get my big files on it; but I hear FTP is gonna be improved/fixed and I'm hoping to be able to RU at some point...

CramIt.In (with all it's flaws) is definitely good for getting the big single links up and stored somewhere--working on actually sharing them; but can't guage interest and I've been being ignored by CramIt.In support...

Can't find a replacement worth a damn.

yo maverick
I also got screw by megaupload and filesonic, since I got lifetime account from both of them.
I still can upload to filesonic, but the problems is, I only can upload below 1 gb size files. every time I make ticket with them, they always reply it with same answer, which is how to cancel your account and get your money back if you on they recurring account >.<

but if you only looking for backup place, where you can replace your link if it got deleted.
how about using usenet as "cloud service", when you needed to replace your link you always can get it back from usenet.

astraweb is good one, many usenet user believe if you using astraweb more "bulletproof" than other service.
I using giganews and astraweb right now. since both of them had they own good and bad side.

so what you got if using usenet as backup place, almost "unlimited space" and you can access your file, same as your usenet provider retention day, which is about 1200 days and counting for some usenet provider.
if one usenet server provider gone, you can always access your file from other provider.

the cons is, you need to make par2 and part your files.

well this just an idea, I hope it will help you

garuda, Which particular newsgroup do you upload your backups to, and using what tools?
it depend what file I want to backup, but mostly newsgroup that index by nzb search engine like bin search or nzbindex
so if I want that files back, and I don't keep the nzb I can simply search it through those search engine

if I on *nux I use newspost
if I on windows I use powerpost
http://www.nzbindex.com/groups/

Yea, Usenet's been a great source, but what I loved about MegaUpload (one of the things) was that I had everything there, everything organized, and everything in single links (50GB Blu-rays, one link, no extraction).

Downloading from Usenet is a hassle, the indexes are useful but it's all a mess.

Plus, while Usenet retention is high and gaining, you can't buy the equivalent of a "Lifetime" account.

Haven't you learned anything from recent events? Megaupload had lifetime. Filesonic had lifetime. They're both useless now.

Stop looking for lifetime, they're not going to be here for your lifetime, only for a few years.

The usenet suggestion is actually pretty good. Rapidshare would probably also work if you protect your files, but since you want 50GB blu-ray files without rars, you can forget about that lol.

Megaupload is gone and it's unlikely that there will be something as good in the future.

"Lifetime" never means "forever" (not to get philosophical or anything).

MegaUpload's end was political. As we've heard from the news, business was good for MegaUpload, would have staid afloat.

I still have a lifetime with FileSonic (just relatively worthless, at the moment).

MegaUpload's end was political. As we've heard from the news, business was good for MegaUpload, would have staid afloat.

I still have a lifetime with FileSonic (just relatively worthless, at the moment).
since you still had your filesonic account like me, I had question for you,
I can't upload files bigger than 1 gb, do you had same problems?

You can storage thousands of GB on your account. That's pretty good considering the fact that if you would like to do it anywhere else, you would have limits like 20 GB per day or something in case you are in need of download all the files. Filesonic doesn't have any limits (I guess).

same i have about 13 tb on rs right now probably will stop around 30tb building up my databse but serioiusly screwed if they close my account. i dont share anything thoug just use it like its supposed to be . personal storage

I've been burning discs on my BluRay burner lately. About $1.50 a piece for a 25 GB disc and $4.50 for a 50 GB disc.

Code:
http://www.samsung.com/us/business/oem-solutions/storage-devices/odd/products/SE-506AB.html

^How is that relevant to this topic?

@blackpharaoh:
Are your files unique? i.e. rarred with your own password or comment?

If not then they will die when similar files are reported. This was happening to me until I started rarring with an archive comment.

@lellouchftw, lifetime accounts are not guaranteed. Backing up files onto multiple discs, hard drives, or other media is one way out of getting screwed by filehosts -- the majority of which have proven themselves undependable.

since you still had your filesonic account like me, I had question for you,
I can't upload files bigger than 1 gb, do you had same problems?

Can you guys download from Filesonic, your own account?
I log in, but when I try to download my own files, i get the famous message, although I am logged in and accessing my own files...: "All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally.

If this file belongs to you, please login to download it directly from your file manager".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back