• SlingFile*

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
from Filefactory:

Hello! Before I buy premium I have 2 questions. I need secure storage with unlimited traffic to save my personal files for long time. I never share my links, and I'd like to buy an account for long time.

What is time storage limit you have for not-downloaded files (for premium users)? And what is storage space limit?

Thanks.

=================

Thanks for your email.

Unfortunately we will no longer be offering unlimited storage in the near future.

Kind regards,
Jake - Customer Service Manager

I have already sent a mail to ask them if I can store 20TB+ files on there storage without sharing last year. They replied me it's impossible, unless I can generate a lot of sales regularly. I know some guys didn't ask the question and stored excessive amount of files there silently, and FF hasn't driven them out. However, now everyone starts storing so many files there; I guess they will do something soon.

I have already sent a mail to ask them if I can store 20TB+ files on there storage without sharing last year. They replied me it's impossible, unless I can generate a lot of sales regularly. I know some guys didn't ask the question and stored excessive amount of files there silently, and FF hasn't driven them out. However, now everyone starts storing so many files there; I guess they will do something soon.

Exactly, they will have huge traffic soon, but I personally need something less than a TB, the issue is privacy + security.

m107I said:
but I personally need something less than a TB, the issue is privacy + security.

for 1 (even 2) TB u probably are safe with FF premium even if they change storage rules in the future (but always select a 2nd backup host)

for 1 (even 2) TB u probably are safe with FF premium even if they change storage rules in the future (but always select a 2nd backup host)

Yes, but what about privacy? I can not be sure if they expose my files in any search engine or any other public sections. For example personal photos or anything which should be private. It happened to me in Hotfile, I could find my files inb Goolge :O)

Yes, but what about privacy? I can not be sure if they expose my files in any search engine or any other public sections. For example personal photos or anything which should be private. It happened to me in Hotfile, I could find my files inb Goolge :O)

they have option to password protect (whole) folders or even safer password-protect every file (with DL password)

links aren't shared to filestube unless u share-post the links somewhere

but the purpose of backup host is strictly no sharing (only remote-hotlinking to other hosts or DL yourself)

If you look in the FAQ of slingfile, it effectively says that if your files aren't shared and generate some kind of revenue for them, your premium account will be limited to only 500GB of space.

Q. Is there any limitation on the available disk space for each user?

No, SlingFile has not set any limitation on the available disk space for its users and partners. However, we reserve the right to limit the available disk space for the partners whose files require extensive disk space and are not popular at the same time (I.e., the files that are not downloaded often). In such a scenario, we may set the following limitations for maximum available disk space per user: up to 500 GB for Premium account owners and from 100 to 250 GB for free account owners.

With just a paltry 500 GB, I guess SlingFile should be excluded from the list in the first post.

Last edited:
one thing i dont like about hotfile is it does have porr file management, 1 thing i like about rapidshare is stability inn upload,download and also it gives some features like md5 which is a lot easier for you to copy

slingfile very bad...3 TB files deleted :(

can you please be more detail in order other to know.

there are users who plan to pay so please be more detailed.

did u had slingfile premium and they deleted simply all files ?? even if you paid slingfile. or your account was FREE.

you can u use filecloud.io ;)

love to pay them but they do not accept that kind of usage we desperate needed (backup) so they are not recommended. (filecloud.io not in the list anyway)

Last edited:
stay away from slingfile, i purchased premium there 2 days ago and uploaded around 2TB and now new uploads are not showing anymore because of the rules that files need to be share or something

So I will have to choose hotfile or fileserve.

But I want to know their defects !

- hotfile has unlimited space for premium ? I don't see "unlimited" on their website.
- hotfile has a system for blacklist ? If I have games (pc/360/ps3) on my account, and I don't share them, they will be removed ?
- fileserve has "Unlimited personal storage" and "Forever storage time of your files" BUT
it has a system for blacklist too ? And if I don't share my files, they will be removed ?

Last edited:
What happens when it crash?
All data lost!

It won't crash if you buy a WD
If you buy a shitty seagate or hitachi it definitely will die

Local storage in the safest way to store data, it's always acessible, and files arent deleted for no reason, but this is only reliable if you have a good local upload speed

So I will have to choose hotfile or fileserve.

But I want to know their defects !

- hotfile has unlimited space for premium ? I don't see "unlimited" on their website.
- hotfile has a system for blacklist ? If I have games (pc/360/ps3) on my account, and I don't share them, they will be removed ?
- fileserve has "Unlimited personal storage" and "Forever storage time of your files" BUT
it has a system for blacklist too ? And if I don't share my files, they will be removed ?

files are blacklisted if shared. we are talking for non-shared of course (only local DL yourself or remote-hotlinking)

if you do not need remote or hotlinking (to other hosts) and only need local downloading fileserve is probably better choice.

if u need hotlinking-remote in the future either go with HF or a double-combination of either
FF + 1fichier or FF + uptobox

Last edited:
Guys!

I heard today that rapidshare is only now 250-500gb... I have 10tb with them.

Can you give me hosts names with remote upload that works with rapidshare?

Also minimun 2gb per file and unlimited storage.

is very urgent at this moment i have a redstation server but their speed sucks (2500kb 10 files at the same time so more than two days takes to download all the files)

Thanks.

files are blacklisted if shared. we are talking for non-shared of course (only local DL yourself or remote-hotlinking)

if you do not need remote or hotlinking (to other hosts) and only need local downloading fileserve is probably better choice.

if u need hotlinking-remote in the future either go with HF or a double-combination of either
FF + 1fichier or FF + uptobox

I upload my files only with zoom file uploader and I download them with jdownloader 2. So, fileserve is the best choice for me ? And the upload/download speed is good ? Thanks.

Last edited:
Ultramegabit
Storage: Unlimited (Premium Affiliate)
Max. file size: 10GB
Desktop program: No
File removal: Never (Premium Affiliate)
Other: Perfect

Fileparadox
Storage: Unlimited (Premium)
Max. file size: 15GB
Desktop program: No
File removal: Never (Premium)