Status
Not open for further replies.
User reporting that he needs to wait 30 min because he misspelled the captcha 1 time. This is not normal, I hope you fix it to 30-60 seconds.

really ?!? jesus! the wait time should have NOTHING to do with the captcha.

if I get more reports i'll recheck the system asap

@SebyM : Thank you, (Upload) it goes quickly ! You to pay April 15 ? As the site says.

hi EnzoLouis.

Not my area, but i think it's on the 10th. Just make sure you have a minimum of 20EUR :)

really ?!? jesus! the wait time should have NOTHING to do with the captcha.

if I get more reports i'll recheck the system asap

Ok, I tried myself to misspell intentionally the captcha 2 times and the waiting time was only 60 sec, so I guess everything is ok.

1 problem too bigggg!!!!

if i put wrong catcha, i have to wait 30 minuts, please, fix it.

hi leito,
i've checked the problem myself and another user, blaxz, tested it too and we didn't seem to be able to replicate this behaviour...

can you send me a PM with your username so I can see your download history ?

wrong capcha even i type correct. i can't download you file service.

strange

could you please try in another browser ?

it seems to have worked for me in internet explorer, mozilla and chrome...

new test download with IE and Opera still can't download.
in chrome
No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The serve

i'm investigating interorther, but so far i only have sad news

it seems google's cache servers are acting up again, i'm waiting on a reply from them now but I have no idea when i'll get it.

this is not a system we made ourselves, it's just something we are using from a third party and it's always difficult to get things to move faster in such situations

in the mean time, mind clearing your cache and cookies on a browser, logging out and back into fiberupload and retrying to download ? if you have an ADSL modem, you can give it a restart and it should reset the 30 minutes wait time. this is the best i can do for now

i'll be back with a reply here as soon as i have it

i'm investigating interorther, but so far i only have sad news

it seems google's cache servers are acting up again, i'm waiting on a reply from them now but I have no idea when i'll get it.

this is not a system we made ourselves, it's just something we are using from a third party and it's always difficult to get things to move faster in such situations

in the mean time, mind clearing your cache and cookies on a browser, logging out and back into fiberupload and retrying to download ? if you have an ADSL modem, you can give it a restart and it should reset the 30 minutes wait time. this is the best i can do for now

i'll be back with a reply here as soon as i have it

???????

I suppose you are talking about a problem with Google Recaptcha ?

Would surprise me, I use it for quite a long time by myself and never had a problem with it, neither heard that someone else had a problem

Fortunately, the solution is very easy : disable the captcha's - at least temporally. People will love it and hey, after all the problems you had in the last few months, that's the least you can do to win back your customers (and it cost you nothing =) )

Leaving the problem as it is now is not an option. This problem was reported weeks before you arrived here, but unfortunately your colleague didn't do anything with it.

Last edited:
hi Kinepolis,

Thanks for sharing the knowledge.
Yes, it is google's recaptcha i'm talking about and the problems we're having seem to appear when there's a specific mix of server context, browser (cache or cookies) issues and probably some mystic pixie dust...

Our implementation of recaptcha (can't really call it ours) is just copy/paste of the instructions from google.
Unfortunately, we can't disable it (not even temporarily) as it would turn into an open invite to all automated downloading scripts to overload our servers by downloading every file they can get their hands on fir free, this blocking the activity of all premium (to be read: paying) users.

I'm aware of the pre-existing captcha issues, my colleagues have informed me about it and I will, in the future, either replace it with a faster (possible proprietary) solution that will NOT fail or find a way to fix it, but for now our priorities are already set for the remainder of the week (see earlier posts).

Again, thank you for the input, if you have any other suggestions or comments please do leave them here anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back