Fake/Fising E-mail Paypal - Be Aware !

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddo

Notice of Policy Updates

Dear XYZ,

You are receiving this notification because you have elected to receive email notice of all PayPal Policy Change Notices.

PayPal recently posted a new Policy Update. You can view this Policy Update by logging in to your PayPal account. To log in to your account, go to https://www.paypal.com.sg and enter your member log in information. Once you are logged in, look at the Notifications section on the top right side of the page for the latest Policy Updates.

If you need help logging in, go to our Help Center by clicking the Help link located in the upper right-hand corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Note: I have verified the above and the home page as well as the login page are not the same as the original Paypal site.

12 comments
Notice of Policy Updates

Dear XYZ,

You are receiving this notification because you have elected to receive email notice of all PayPal Policy Change Notices.

PayPal recently posted a new Policy Update. You can view this Policy Update by logging in to your PayPal account. To log in to your account, go to https://www.paypal.com.sg and enter your member log in information. Once you are logged in, look at the Notifications section on the top right side of the page for the latest Policy Updates.

If you need help logging in, go to our Help Center by clicking the Help link located in the upper right-hand corner of any PayPal page.

Sincerely,

PayPal

Note: I have verified the above and the home page as well as the login page are not the same as the original Paypal site.

yes. i also got the same mail. But i just skipped it. ;)

I got the same and when I saw the page, the login place is in the right side lol, and I see the .sg @ the end of the URL. whoever may login on that, for sure gonna be hacked!

I also got this mail but i always READ the emails by banks and other important stuff and never click on the links. Then open the site myself. Its a good practice to never click a link for a website that require you to login. It only takes 1 second to open a new tab yourself and type the website. Saves you from most of the scams.

I think it is a valid email. Because paypal is updating its policy for SG user. Anyway, to be safe, just delete it. :)

After having another look at it, it could possibly be legit cause its redirects to Paypal that is ssl certified. But I see some links missing. What I don't understand is why would Paypal mail their non Singapore uses such links. I kinda find something fishy so better to stay away from it. Why simply take a risk. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back