Facebook will die in the next few years!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The previous social sites that actually fell was because it had consumer user base but FaceBook is different, businesses use it too and it's getting way too common.

Obviously it could die if they can't get enough revenues for their shareholders or such. The problem is that FaceBook replaced the others but what's gonna replace FaceBook, if something was to replace FB, it should have come long ago. Now that FB has grown so large, it's pretty hard to replace them.

It could just die of if people eventually get bored of it and stop using it. I don't see that happening anytime soon though. Not a fan of FB myself but whenever I log on, I see it's the same old thing and my friends are stil actively spamming my wall. You see what I mean?

Obviously facebook's fall would be a costly one just because of the shares the company has. Also, many companies are using facebook for effective marketing, instead these days almost every new product launches with a facebook page. Once facebook is gone, what are these people going to do to market their product? That's one issue there, going back to traditional marketing would rather be costly like it was so these people would use facebook till it's actually time to leave.

I believe the only reason myspace died was because once TOM sold it it turned to shit. I mean look at it now.

Facebook will die when something better comes along. Just like for everything else

He is not targeting Mr Happy, He is helping Mr Happy to make his English better :facepalm: What's wrong about that?

Doesn't matters, Mr.Happy is native American and he speaks and writes english well which we can understand.

There are many other members here who don't even have a good sense of using grammars correctly. Why not rectify there errors/mistakes?

I never said there is nothing wrong but I meant that why we would always harass/insult a person like Mr.Happy?

Facebook is really engraved into our life now. All the things have "like us on facebook" printed on their label, TV channels advertising the same thing. Newspaper adds and what not. Everyone is trying to keep up with facebook. In my country, there are mobile phone companies which make mobile targeting facebook users. They have special facebook key on their phones too.

Of course, a new technology can come and outrank facebook in the popularity but that will take really long time and MANY WRONG DECISIONS on facebook's side. But i am sure that it wouldn't be from the ones which are currently in action.
Anyways, it will be interesting to watch facebook going down.

other social networks died cause some other company/social network replaced them.
what's going to replace facebook? google + lol? that thing is a big fail itself so twitter? lol we all know thats not possible at all.

hate it or like it facebook will stay.

What makes you think that the next big thing to replace Facebook has to already exist? Why does it have to be from an existing company like Google, Twitter, Microsoft, etc? The next big thing is usually from a new company nobody ever heard of and why does it have to be a social network?

Imagine a mobile app that knows your at home watching a football match. It tells you that your friend Mark is in the pub watching the same football match and he's off to Germany next week for the summer working. It also knows your girlfriend is visiting your Granny for the weekend as she's feeling ill. (uses location, interests, friends interests, connects to your TV to know what your watching, uses local business data).
The App gives you a coupon for buy one drink get one free at the bar using the NFC on your phone for the next hour.

So your Girlfriend is out, you mate who is away for the summer is in the pub, you've nothing to do and can watch the football in the pub along with a free drink. Who wouldn't go?

The App makes a cut of the drink promotion purchased via the NFC, the bar makes money and more customers and you get to go out with your friend.

Now imagine that was built into the iPhone 5 or Android Jellybean 5.0. How long would Facebook last?

I dont think opera would be a good investment, high buy price but relatively low adoption (excluding opera mini which is not a browser). HTC on the other hand would be a good buy by facebook and would allow them to bundle the experience down to the user hardware level.

Im not sold on their death yet, Ive seen their feature stability go up in the past couple weeks which to me is something I like. It could go either way, I hope they survive for now, they provide alot of jobs in the industry and who knows what the next big 'it' company will be like (outsourcing anyone?.... no offence... not that im American either)

@SplitIce

They'd get Opera for less than a billion (maybe slightly over as Opera stock climbed 26% following the Facebook takeover rumor).

That's about the same price as Instagram but Opera has 200 million mobile users and another 60 million desktop users while Instagram only has 40 million total when it was bought. Instagram never made a penny and has no revenue options while Opera is profitable and making money, $40 million last announcement. They could incorporate Facebook Like or Post to Timeline features into the Opera Browser as well as possibly integrating a Facebook Search. They could also heavily promote the browser for heavy Facebook Users like the way Google promotes Google Chrome on it's search page.

I'm not saying you think the Instagram deal was a good one but Opera looks a lot better a deal. At the very least it's worth considering.

Well, everything good is bound to have an end.

I don't like FB and never did, even when I used it.
As far it's future and what they need to do..
For future, they are going down unless they do some real investing and acquisitions not like Instagram, I used it 1 time and I didn't find it that important, It can be easily replaced or we can live without it.

For opera, that thing sucks at least on phones, I don't know on desktops.
But because it has some users on both platforms it can in reality help facebook to lengthen their "Life Span", hopefully.
But in my opinion even Opera won't be enough, unless they can buy the new Big Thing when its out and about, or maybe do some Big Thing themselves if it's at all possible.

For an example.
Take Xbox 360, Microsoft strengthened it and got back in the game only when they released Kinect, so simply put FB needs their own kinect like addon for FB to live and be something that can't be replaced.

Ya their traffic has been going down drastically for the past months, this ain't new to the more observant. Twitter seems to be the bright side of the moon now, Facebook is now looked at (by many of my friends) as the new and improved Photobucket. Despite the jpeg compression to the picture, private albums can be kept nice and organized.

Either they start making some kind of investing with someone or they'll be the next dead social network

Oh and Android Jellybean 5.0? shit, Google is going at it. Too bad carriers will be little cunts and never make it available like they always had for the past years. Oh what? Do I hear Custom ROMs calling me?

Analysts say a lot of things and needless to say, they don't always come out to be true. Facebook may lose the foothold it currently has but I doubt that it will be dead in 5 years.

Facebook will never die. Don't get me wrong, I hate Facebook. It's full of annoying people that do nothing but post about their life or about who they're dating or where they are, etc. Just zombies pretty much.

Now, why I think they won't die:

1. They're embedded in millions of websites as sharing features and as comment features.
2. Some phones come with a Facebook button and almost all smart phones come with some type of share to Facebook feature.
3. A lot of people have a ton of photos and videos stored on Facebook.
4. Tons of companies and organizations use Facebook as a community hub.
5. Theres plenty of people that use Facebook as a chatting app.
6. There is currently no opponent strong enough to defeat it (I like Google+ better, but not many of my friends want to switch).

Plenty of reasons why it won't die.

^^^

i agree with you but there are certain things to consider.

1.Websites can always change their features and they should if their users are changed to a better platform.

2.Today people change their gadgets (cell phones) like they change their baby's diapers.

3.People will always love to have a better way to store their photos and videos.

4.Companies should change their community hub when their costumers are not there anymore.

5.Yeah! first they used aol, then yahoo messenger, later google talk and now facebook and next if somebody provides a better way, they will use them for sure.

6.Just because Google+ sucked, you can't conclude that facebook don't have opponents, Google can still bring lots of new stuff since their browser has just picked the no.1 spot.What about microsoft and apple.They are all potential opponents.

ORKUT was once astronomically popular in india.Each and every one of my friends had an account in orkut and they do not know anything about facebook at all.And now i can tell you that not more 10,000 people will login to their orkut accounts every day from the entire nation.Because facebook replaced it.But you will never know what happens tomorrow.

Mark should not be running facebook he is a computer nerd not a businessman

Buying instagram was stupid its nothing more than a fad and as mentioned in the post it can easily die overnight

Buying opera is even worse doing that is not going to keep them relevant what do they expect it to take off in a market that's dominated by chrome and firefox good luck with that

To keep themselves relevant they need to innovate buying pointless dead/dying software is just going to run them into the ground

+1

i don't see how owning a browser/mobile-device would in ANY way even remotely help them. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back