Status
Not open for further replies.

DEViANCE

Please review the new version of http://evilddl.com/

[slide]http://i55.tinypic.com/16m1w00.png[/slide]

After around a year of the site being down I decided to bring it back and give it a makeover. We already have a few nice features in place.

There is still quite a lot to be added but thought I would get a bit of feedback before I continue. What do you guys think about the new site now its running WCDDL instead of DDLCMS?

Last edited:
17 comments
I like it, looks nice and clean to me, my only criticism so far as its a new site would be the star rating system, it's doesn't really look that clear

Yeah I kinda wanted to make the site rating a little more suttle as many DDL sites seem to making far to much of a big deal over it. The system is automatic based on the ammount of submissions.

Do you mean not clear as in the numbers are hard to read? I guess I could remake them a little more clear/large.

This theme is overused to be honest. Many sites have started off with this theme and later on changed it(including a site of mine lol). Better get some different theme.
Also the logo is very simple. See if you can get a better one.

Yeah I agree a lot of forums use it but the only DDL site I can rememeber using it was atomicwarez which has sinced changed and AFAIK there are no DDL's using it now apart from mine.

Completely agree about the logo though I need to get one made, just made that one quickly and I'm terrible with PS.

449b87.jpg

Using FF 3.6.18 and IE8.

Its only showing on the index page. When i click on a site to see there downloads its not showing up

No other images have a border

Cool. Thanks for the feedback c0rrupt and SpookyLady. Getting everything looking the same on all browsers can be a pain at times.

I decided to start again with all the downloads, a lot of the older submissions would have dead links etc..

Very soon it will be set up so blacklisted sites can't submit, whitelisted sites bypass the queue, and any site not on either of the lists will go to the queue. Then I will join a few more autosubmitters and the downloads will just roll in with little work after I have vetted all the sites. This is how I had it set up in 2009 and it worked really well but I was using DDLCMS then and I don't like how that script has evolved now so using WCDDL which is taking a bit more work to setup but its worth the effort.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back