Evidence Samsung Stole From Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahrukh

As the Samsung vs Apple legal battle over design infringement continues, we just stumbled across a pretty crazy graphic over on Reddit. It outlines a number of striking similarities that Samsung products (specifically the Galaxy lineup) have with Apple devices.

But if Samsung has indeed copied/borrowed its designs from Apple, it certainly looks as though that was a good idea. The company’s expected year-on-year smartphone growth for 2010 to 2011 is about 190 percent.

We noted earlier this week that Huawei’s new Honor smartphone bears a pretty striking resemblance to Apple’s iPhone as well. Perhaps Huawei was as much inspired by Samsung’s success as with Apple’s initial design ideas? Assuming you can get away with it, following Cupertino’s lead looks like good business.

samsung-vs-apple.jpg

SOURCE [http://www.techinasia.com/samsung-apple-compared]

14 comments
When did Apple buy the patent for a USB Connector?

It's the fact that the usb connector is basically a replica. I've seen dozens of phones with usb connectors and they look remarkably different. Samsung did take a few things here and there, but every company does it. Like the macbook taking sony's chiclet keyboard.

So what if they did? It's hypocritical of Apple's customers to be against copies of Apple considering Apple started from copying Microsoft ... and microsoft was a copy of a copy etc. Basicly, THEY ARE ALWAYS COPIES OF COPIES. :)

Everything is a copy pretty much. Every song written, every movie made, always has elements from another song or movie.

Since you are comparing USB's I'm assuming they "copied" that simply because it's user efficiant (small, compact etc).

Hell, even tablets Apple copied from Microsoft I believe :O

-----

I'll tell you something else as well, "stole from" as phrased in your title ... I believe you pirate (like most of the population thesedays) same thing can be applied to that. It's not stolen, the copy is still there, just remixed by Samsung. If it's ok to pirate, then why isn't it ok to remix a gadget? :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back