Status
Not open for further replies.

Greystoke

Hi,

Does paying for backlinks help your ranking on google, or can it cause problems.

Thanks

Last edited:
13 comments
If you've read anything about or studied Search Engine Optimization, you've come across the term "backlink" at least once. For those of you new to SEO, you may be wondering what a backlink is, and why they are important. Backlinks have become so important to the scope of Search Engine Optimization, that they have become some of the main building blocks to good SEO. In this article, we will explain to you what a backlink is, why they are important, and what you can do to help gain them while avoiding getting into trouble with the Search Engines.

What are "backlinks"? Backlinks are links that are directed towards your website. Also knows as Inbound links (IBL's). The number of backlinks is an indication of the popularity or importance of that website. Backlinks are important for SEO because some search engines, especially Google, will give more credit to websites that have a good number of quality backlinks, and consider those websites more relevant than others in their results pages for a search query.

When search engines calculate the relevance of a site to a keyword, they consider the number of QUALITY inbound links to that site. So we should not be satisfied with merely getting inbound links, it is the quality of the inbound link that matters.

A search engine considers the content of the sites to determine the QUALITY of a link. When inbound links to your site come from other sites, and those sites have content related to your site, these inbound links are considered more relevant to your site. If inbound links are found on sites with unrelated content, they are considered less relevant. The higher the relevance of inbound links, the greater their quality.

Source

This can probably be trimmed, or deleted once OP reads. :o

@below - scrapebox creates very un-organic links by spamming the homepage URL, or a few select links. The results of that should be obvious to many.

Last edited:
I own Scapebox and have used it a few times to create 'backlinks'.

One might consider if polluting somebody else his blog post is a nice deed and useful in itself. Especially as it's already polluted by 100 other people.

I've seen no improvement in ranking. I think getting backlinks by link exchange or other means is a better (and harder) way.

I think the only ones believing in the system are the sellers of these backlinks.

@above, I like to know the way how you create these backlinks and see reviews of people who have really saw ranking improvements with a $3 wonder.

Backlinks are important and can help but it's all about the backlink quality not quantity. A related link from a quality site that gets traffic is much more valuable then 100 links from sites which get no traffic.

I see people sometimes trying to sell 100 links from 100 blogs. You ask for a list and the blogs haven't been updated in months/years and get zero traffic. No value in a package like that. Careful with the sellers that update all their blogs the month they decide to sell links and then once they get their moneys worth abandon the sites as well. Check the archives!

if you are asking if it helps in pagerank, than yes. Certainly any dofollow backlink will help your pagerank. But unless your backlinks are from related niche, they dont count much.

Microsoft website is much better ranked than wjunction, but still if you search for wjunction, microsoft will not come in results :P.
So go for related niche backlinks rather than high pagerank backlinks.

As about pagerank, its unre;iable at best. My main site is ranked pr2, with thousands of backlinks, but a 1page website of mine, with no backlinks is ranked pr3.

scrapebox creates very un-organic links by spamming the homepage URL, or a few select links. The results of that should be obvious to many.

Thats untrue, if you know what you are doing in scrapebox you can easily make it look like a genuine post.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

I've seen no improvement in ranking. I think getting backlinks by link exchange or other means is a better (and harder) way.

+1

I own Scapebox and have used it a few times to create 'backlinks'.

One might consider if polluting somebody else his blog post is a nice deed and useful in itself. Especially as it's already polluted by 100 other people.

I think the only ones believing in the system are the sellers of these backlinks.

@above, I like to know the way how you create these backlinks and see reviews of people who have really saw ranking improvements with a $3 wonder.

MAIN purpose of scrapebox, is scraping for sites, not blasting away links.
It serves to you, and what you do, is what you get. If you got no results, it's not because scrapebox sux, it's because you don't understand it's main purpose. And that is, finding related sites in your niche, or finding your competition backlinks, and trying to outrank them. You can find TONS of fantastic places you never heard of, that write in same niche as you, which might be interested in either link exchange, or your useful manual commenting. It's easy to check PR of that post, sort lists, analyze sites alexa ranking, check nofollow, etc, etc, etc...
Blasting tons of links as comments to wordpress blogs is completely useless. Wordpress comes as nofollow by default, so, any link on wordpress won't give you anything. Also, it comes with Akismet, so, most of your spam links won't be approved. Same goes for blasting trackbacks. Today, you will blast 10000 trackbacks that you paid 3$ . And, next day? and day after that? Well, google sees natural spreading of backlinks different than you. It starts from few sites, on the top, with high authority, and spreads across the internet, in it's natural shape, when something is interesting.

Formula is, the more backlinks you have, that no traffic is coming from them, worse.
So, get only FEW high authority links as direct links toward your site. Because, your traffic should come from there, and links should spread in natural fashion.

You simply DON'T blast away YOUR MAIN site. It's the worse thing you can do to your site. Tons of useless links, pointing toward your site, and no traffic from them? You seriously should stop thinking that googles algorithms are written by stupid people.
Social networks are what you are looking for, as direct backlinks. But those, if not done properly, won't bring you any traffic. You have to find, where people are going,and what they want, and drop a link there, like a bomb. When you start receiving traffic from that link, google will know that, check keywords you used, compare it with the content on your site, do it's math, and push you up, or down in SERPS. This can be in range from one or two spots on 100th page, from jumping all 100 pages, and kicking on 1st page, for your targetted keyword. Also, this first kick is just testing, google want to see natural flow of backlinks. He will give you 2-3-4 weeks, to see backlinks pointing toward your site. If you get traffic from google, and no backlinks at the time he's sending you traffic, iG will kick you back where you were. If you start getting backlinks, as a natural result of these events, he will rank you even better. That's how you get in 1st position in google for your keyword. I hope you realize how this machine works for you now. :)

So, it goes, you drop link bomb (not tons of links, only links that will bring targetted traffic to your site, this is how you start), to where people are, you get traffic, google ranks you better, you get natural flow of backlinks, because, people like what you wrote, and link back to you. According to your traffic that google sends you and backlinks you get, google ranks you better or worse, you get MORE traffic, you get MORE natural backlinks, better SERP results, again more traffic...etc...

Btw, these are secrets, that people sell on some forums, for hundreds of bucks, as ebooks.

Oh jeez, I hope you understood how this works, and this spam madness stops.
All it matters, is that your CONTENT rocks, and information you are sending is not crap.
That's why they say: "Content is the king"
Your content will pull in more backlinks if it's valuable. You just need to give it a GOOD kickstart.

When you build all around this formula, you will see why good design is important, why speed of site is important, and how everything fits in it's place in perfect order.

Last edited:
Getting backlinks is not a big deal, getting Quality backlinks is what Google consider
if you have a warez site and you get backlinks from WJ they are unrelavant niche so google consider it as less relevant. The more unrelevant backlinks the more google consider it as Spam

Depends

Hi,

Does paying for backlinks help your ranking on google, or can it cause problems.

Thanks

It depends to whom you are paying. If you pay to a SEO noob then you can get bad affect for your site but If you pay to a seo expert with detail instruction then that will be helpful for you site.

if you know what you are doing in scrapebox you can easily make it look like a genuine post.

i agree.

Scrapebox is a powerful tool. i own a copy and i am using it not for post/comment automation but "scanning" related high PR sites then just manually comment there.

Last edited:
As per my knowledge paid backlinks are not good for the site because we don't know that what type of links they provide us.

My experience has been really hit or miss with paying for backlinks but mostly miss.

I've tired services like LinkWorth and Text LinkAds and saw no serp improvement at all. Granted it could be I chose sites that Google had already detected as selling links but I got no movement at all after several months.

Tried blog networks and this has been 50/50. By that I mean some sites had improvement in rankings while others saw none. In all cases I never saw dramatic improvements but I was using them for pretty competitive keywords.

I've paid for tons of blog comment links and these were the more successful than the first 2 options overall. Saw good serp movement and sites that I used blog commenting with never took a hit. The issue is that you need to keep commenting or the serp positions tend to drop (at least in my case)

Finally, I've bought expired domains and built my own mini link network and this was by far the most successful. Probably because only I know the sites and I'm the only one using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back