Does Google Think that a Subdomain is a Separate Root Domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitaliykolos

Here's the deal that's been bugging me for a while now. I got a link from a domain (sitename.com). Now, there's a subdomain of the site (de.sitename.com). If I get a link on de.sitename.com, will Google take it that I got one more link from another root domain? I have a hunch that it won't because a subdomain is not a root domain?

Please let me know what you guys think about it.

8 comments
Here's the deal that's been bugging me for a while now. I got a link from a domain (sitename.com). Now, there's a subdomain of the site (de.sitename.com). If I get a link on de.sitename.com, will Google take it that I got one more link from another root domain? I have a hunch that it won't because a subdomain is not a root domain?

Please let me know what you guys think about it.

As far as I know, Google considers them as different sites.but google will automatically treat subdomains as part of the main site when:

• They have related content
  • They are written by the same person or company
  • They link to each other

Google crawler and alogarithm is keeping record of subdomain as subdomain and root domain as root domain ... clear distinction between both ...

In webmaster, best root domain as far as I consider is www.yourdomain.com .... and sub-domain depends on genre ... if you are looking for forum than forum.yourdomain.com and if blog than blog.yourdomain.com

Effect of Subdomain on root domain ? I don't think so that there will be any effect of root domain blacklisting on the sub domain .... But there could be some effect if IP is also blacklisted as IP blacklisting effect other sites on that IP too ..... Why I am saying this because google webmaster is taking subdomain and root domain as two different sites managed by you .... so no effect should be due anyone on otherone ...

Last edited:
Yes exactly...Google treat subdomain as different domain and the link value will flow different if you get link from subdomain.

But if you get link from a subpage, then Google will treat it as part of domain and link value will flow from the domain itself.

Google treat completely different domain in you backlinks store. If they link are conected to each other than there have chances to index in the top ranking in the index list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back