Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLaw

Does anyone here use reddit? I am looking to promote some posts there but not sure how to get it popular, as most of the posts ends up with several views only.

68 comments
Yes, i do. But i'm not a fan of Reddit though. Its a type of directory, with insane members on board. You gotta be creative and funny enough to get some attention.
It brings good traffic if you use it in the right way. And they do have strict anti-spam mechanisms.

I don't use reddit anymore. I use Flipboard. It's not the same as reddit, but they aggregate a lot of authority sites that make their App on my iOS device so useful that I use it every night to catch up with technology news and other updates. I also hooked my google reader account in their so contents from the blogs I follow get in the app for an almost ad-free reading. What I am saying is that, if you could get your contents on Flipboard instead, you might probably get the attention that you need.

I would suggest not do depend only on reddit, you should use similar websites like reddit to generate more traffic. I use reddit and few other websites it helps me to boost the website traffic.

I use Reddit and it's very powerful. You get traffic and good link to your site. The only thing I can advice is to make your post not so commercial, cause people there do not like it. Just write as neutral user. if users like it they will give you likes and then you will stay on the top for some time.

I used to have an account there but I cancelled. When you submit a link or two there is a notification ''you submit too many links, come back in an hour'', it actually worked for some time but later this message stuck there and I couldn't submit anything. I came back in a day, a week, a month but always had the same stupid sentence below the capcha form. I thought it was some sort of glitch but their support teem told me that it was a sort of ban. I couldn't submit links any more and was allowed only to ''enjoy'' the junk dropped there by others. I deleted my account then. No, I didn't spam or violate their rules. It's just that rotten. I used to get 10-50 visits to my blog from it per day submitting 2-3 articles per week to relevant subredits.

What I recommend is not to submit there often to avoid a ban, it's crucial to participate in discussions and comment on posts made by others (this is what I didn't and may be that's why I failed), find popular subreddits in your niche to post to and create your own subreddit(s). Reddit doesn't work good for all niches.

I have never used it for advertising i think and i only read some interesting posts once in a blue moon so i am not an active user there but if someone shows me on how to use it then it would be great ;)

For scraping data yes! some great subreddits with a wealth of things i need other than that no.
I prefer to use 4chin because im edgy like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back