Difference between website keywords and description

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiefangjun

Banned
Banned
When set the same words for my website keywords and description
Is that ok?
As far as I know, search engine care more about description than keywords.
Am I correct?

5 comments
Yes you are correct search engine gives more importance to description.
Your description should not be keyword stuffed like this -
" seo forum , seo tips, seo tutorial, seo help "
it should be like this
" This is a seo forum which is providing seo tips and tutorials.For any kind of SEO help please visit us "
If you notice carefully the second description contains all the targeted keywords and its looking normal.But the first description is spammy.I hope its cleared now.
regards

Last edited:
Google does not gives much importance to the meta keywords & description. The meta description & keywords may contribute in SEO, but its not that much significant and hence ignoring meta keyword & descriptions won't hurt much.

So, just select/research the general keywords (less than 10) and add it in your website. Don't waste your time behind description & keywords. Work on the "other" factors :)

Keyword is a word or phrase entered into a search engine in an effort to get the search engine to return matching and relevant results.

Meta description (the description under the blue link for each search result) is also important as it helps to pull visitors in, I dont think keywords in meta description will effect your search engine ranking position but I could be wrong its all down to Googles algorithm, which only Google knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back