Detecting and removing cashwhore spammers from your forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewEraCracker

Hello webmasters,

I think we are all aware of a new plague among warez boards called cashwhores.

What are cashwhores?
  • "Humans" that post trash uploaded to HF, FS and other money hosts.
  • "Humans" that use a multiposter to post in hundreds of warez boards
  • "Humans" from 3rd world countries (ex: Vietnam)

Why are they so "important"?
  • They are important because they fill your database with useless content. That results frequently in annoyed members and, in rare situations, corrupted databases.

How to detect them?
  1. IP address is normally Vietnamese
  2. They don't write introduction, or if they do, they write a very vague introduction like "Hi all"
  3. They normally don't read forum rules and do mistakes
  4. They post in sections like Music, Movies and XXX tipically with HF or FS links only and in row (Like 2 or 3 topics/posts in less than 5 minutes).
  5. Google one or two links and You'll find out hundreds of equal posts.

How to remove them?
  • Ban and delete all posts.

How to "prevent" them?
  • Create a probation group and enforce some limitations.
    I do not allow posting in movies and xxx from a member with less than 5 posts

Regards,
NewEraCracker.

Protip: Use this for your "whois" needs: http://whois.domaintools.com/

21 comments
hmM! they are from 3rd country
who is from 2nd country, are u? :)

Nice Guide Though

yeah newera and don't forget to mention that they post fake releases and movies which dont play with your media players!i have banned several users like that and do remember that these spammers are mostly movies and xx movies posters! examples xxsexyladyxx barry are usernames they use!

those solutions are useless if you know what you're doing.

And yes, i "spam" sometimes one forum and i'm getting banned over and over again. Not a big deal.

Almost every uploader in this forum does this for the money and not for the "share" factor. So we are all cashwhores.

Course, you can get money and share good content. I do this as well, but sometimes the spam is faster and does the same/better job.

I've enforced a Post Per Day limit of 5 to new members (Leechers).
They are promoted to member after 10 posts.

Hope this helps you guys limiting the effects of those spammers in your databases :)

This is definatly a great idea.. most of the warez forums i see these days are all full of dupe content as well. I like the name you have chosen of 'cashwhore' as thats all the p2p scene is these days its seems unfortunatly. If everyone started banning members only using multiposters to spam their links as you said on 100s of forums to earn money im sure it would improve the quality of uploads,and the communities of the good forums there are around

Hello webmasters,

I think we are all aware of a new plague among warez boards called cashwhores.

What are cashwhores?
  • "Humans" that post trash uploaded to HF, FS and other money hosts.
  • "Humans" that use a multiposter to post in hundreds of warez boards
  • "Humans" from 3rd world countries (ex: Vietnam)

You sir, are now on my 'smart people list'. Although there's not much use of posting that here since most of those guys are on here lol.

Awesome post, NEC.

I <3 my blog that gives me control over everything. No post can be published till I validate it. That system is way better than giving everyone the permissions to add "crap posts".

Blocking the whole country won't help IMO, I got few professional posters on my site from Vietnam. I'd choose banning specific IDs rather than banning the whole country or IP range.

Thanks for that informative thread it is really helpful and yes most and especially all those who use multiposters are like you describe "cashwhores".

Thanks +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back