Demonoid rises from the ashes at last -Unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravim

Look I get a mail.. But don't know is consider as a news or not? so if you think this is news put this at news section. (you have to be a mod to do that anyway..)
---------------
Dear Demonoid Community Member,

We have all read the same news stories: The Demonoid servers shut down and seized in the Ukraine. The Demonoid admin team detained in Mexico. The demonoid.me domain snatched and put up for sale. The Demonoid trackers back online in Hong Kong, but then disappearing.

We all wanted to believe that Demonoid would be resurrected once again; but it seems that these events have spelled the end of Demonoid as we have always known it. We all waited to see if Demonoid would return, though its now clear that this time its really gone.

Now for some good news: The heart and soul of Demonoid lives on!
Through an amazing sequence of unlikely events, the data on those Ukrainian servers has made its way into the safe hands of members of our community and has now been re-launched as d2.vu

Invitations to return are being sent out only to existing Demonoid members, which is the reason you have received this email. For the foreseeable future d2.vu will remain a semi-private site and no new invitations to join will be issued until we are certain that the system is stable. To login, click here and authenticate using your old Demonoid username and password.

Demonoid may be gone, but the community lives on at d2! Welcome home!

Sincerely,
admin
--------------------------------

Please can anyone access this demonoid new site?

thanks

7 comments
Newspost - 9 May 2013
Pardon our progress
We are still working to get the system tuned and working smoothly. Under heavy loads, we are sometimes seeing aspects of the site fail or not work quite right. We are busy working to solve these problems as quickly as we can and we really appreciate all of the feedback the community has offered so far! Keep it coming and thanks again for hanging in there with us.

Sincerely,
admin

Newspost - 8 May 2013
Hello people
We all read the same news stories: The Demonoid servers shut down and seized in the Ukraine. The Demonoid admin team detained in Mexico. The demonoid.me domain snatched and put up for sale. The Demonoid trackers back online in Hong Kong, but then disappearing. We all wanted to believe that Demonoid would be resurrected once again; though it seems clear that this time it is really gone.

Now for some good news: The heart and soul of Demonoid lives on! Through an amazing sequence of unlikely events, the data on those Ukrainian servers has made its way into the safe hands of members of our own community and has now been re-launched as d2.vu. For the foreseeable future d2.vu will remain a semi-private beta site and no new invitations to join will be issued until we are certain that the system is stable.

Demonoid may be gone, but the community lives on at d2! Welcome home.

Sincerely,
admin

That's the news, and yea, torrents are there

This site was shut down by the hosting company for hosting malware. Now they are up on new hosting and claim that they had no phishing or malicious intentions. This may be a trap.

The site is clean now and the accounts are active too... I checked my account yesterday... Shows me member since 2007 with the same avatar which I updated before demonoid went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back