Status
Not open for further replies.

MsJacquiiC

So I've posted 2 threads of my own in the past few weeks. One was a silly thread posted in the general discussion section, the other was a thread regarding a client's new site design. It was posted in the graphics area.

NEITHER thread was against the WJ rules. NEITHER of those threads should have been deleted. So - I'm left wondering why the hell were they deleted...

Can anyone explain why please?

J.

20 comments
Ooops - actually the gfx thread was posted on another forum - sorry about that. But wait a minute. You mean you guys are in the business of deleting threads that you deem stupid? No other reason at all...? well ==> THAT SUX!

I've seen plenty of threads posted at WJ that I think are waaaay more stupid than the silly thread I've posted. A few that spring to mind have to do with dicks and pussies and pussies and dicks...

So here's my suggestion: Unless the post breaks a WJ rule = DON'T DELETE IT! I took time out of my day to post that thread. It was a silly thread yes. A few members got a good laugh out of it.

I find it completely stupid to delete a thread that would cause your memberbase to smile an authentic smile!

J.

I closed the first one because yeah, its total spam.

The second one should be closed and trashed imo because thats the sort of thing you put in portfolio/sales thread.

Imagine if every one made a thread about his 2 stars, another thread about his 3 stars and another when he gets the 4th star...etc, we'll have a shitload of threads about stars. Now, this is a site for webmasters and general discussion, not a site where you could make a thread about ur stars man, they're just STARS.

Do you expect us to make a rule saying don't make a thread about stars? lol. :facepalm:

Ooops - actually the gfx thread was posted on another forum - sorry about that. But wait a minute. You mean you guys are in the business of deleting threads that you deem stupid? No other reason at all...? well ==> THAT SUX!

I've seen plenty of threads posted at WJ that I think are waaaay more stupid than the silly thread I've posted. A few that spring to mind have to do with dicks and pussies and pussies and dicks...

So here's my suggestion: Unless the post breaks a WJ rule = DON'T DELETE IT! I took time out of my day to post that thread. It was a silly thread yes. A few members got a good laugh out of it.

I find it completely stupid to delete a thread that would cause your memberbase to smile an authentic smile!

J.
You're really annoying, you know that?

You don't know the meaning of spam mindy. Spam by its very definition has a negative connotation; Spam is abusive!

My post was meant to inspire something positive. IT DEFINITELY IS NOT SPAM!

Anyway - I've just posted the 2nd thread. I suppose it'll be deleted...? You guys need to re-evaluate your deleting of threads policy.

J.

You're really annoying, you know that?

I'm annoying?
Isn't saying that against the WJ rules??? I've said nothing to insult you! I would call you a fucking asshole who posted to flame the thread. But I won't, as I don't know you and I'm not trying to break rules here. I'm looking for clarification. If you have none to offer - then SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Go back to facebook if your going to make stupid treads like that. You can't possibly think that posts like that are acceptable on a real website. Try and look at it from WJ's point of view. It's a place for webmasters not a creche or babysitting service.

Wow - so much for "community" -- I post a silly thread. Many members found it humorous and responded in kind with smiles, giggles and laughter. And now I'm told that the post didn't break any forum rules, but that it was simply stupid. That is not ground for deleting a post. That is called outright censorship. No rhyme or reason.

I'll try not to make anyone else smile here. I suppose I've had my question answered - Feel free to close and/or delete the thread. Who the fuck cares...

J.

Oh wow you got the third star, go make another thread about it. :facepalm:

Seriously, go outside once in a while and see some real stars in the sky, at least they look pretty. Now, can we drop this before everyone tells you how stupid you sound?

Yeah -- I have a 3rd star now - I would totally NOT post a thread about it, becaause it seems that all of you douchebags hate that sort of thing.

Oh yea - It's really stupid asking a question that you have no answer to.... Where I come from - if you have need of an answer - YOU ASK!

So I asked - and have seen the WJ-Douchebag Flame. No - I don't want that again Mr-R-T --- so I'll pass on the 3star thread
nonoft.gif

I got one comment deleted, with no reason too.

Was in this thread: http://www.wjunction.com/102-file-host-discussion/110848-does-anyone-upload-living.html

right, becaue it was a racist comment

You don't know the meaning of spam mindy. Spam by its very definition has a negative connotation; Spam is abusive!

Not true..ever hear of spambots? They just post garbage all around the forum, mainly advertising stuff. Thats not negative, its just garbage. Similar to a thread about getting 2 stars.

Yeah -- I have a 3rd star now - I would totally NOT post a thread about it, becaause it seems that all of you douchebags hate that sort of thing.

Be careful...you're getting very close to an infraction. I'm going to close this thread to help you avoid that.

Last edited:
Lol come on now, don't get upset. All I'm saying is, if we allow those kind of threads, we will get dozens of them in no time. Try to understand that this is a site for webmasters, not teens that want to feel good about themselves through stars/reputation.

maybe we're talking about 2 different comments...the one i'm referring to says "people in third world countries do" - I deleted it originally Sp because its inappropriate imo - that offtopic message is the default one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back