DaringHost.com - cPanel, 5GB Space, 300GB Bandwidth from $2.50/month (NL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

my website is down since 5 days... the support is good, indeed but it's not enough.

"Tired of losing all your data when a hard drive crashes? DaringHost understands that your data is important. This is why we take daily backups of each account on our servers and store them in a secure remote location. Even if a hard drive cases you will always have access to your data."

But i cannot access to my latest backup. So, it"s useless...

I bought the first plan 3 days ago, still having problems but i will wait for the end of the week until they setup correctly the server and fix the problems that a few people seem to have (including me), my first time was a very good experience with them so im gonna wait a few days to make a review. ;)

All support tickets have been answered. If you are still facing any issues please open a support ticket. WJ is not our help desk. This is a sales thread only.

OK..now my first review after i bought my first package 1 month ago from this great hosting company - DaringHost

Support - *****
Uptime - *****
Speed - *****

they had some problems with a server in the last weeks but right now everything is fixed and working better than before

support is very friendly and helpfull

personal note : i really recommend The Level 2 Package !

don't hesitate to buy !

I honestly fell in love with this site, not only did I get this site because it's hosted in Russia but the fact that my site may be more secure in this promiscuous location where not everything can be withed by any sopa law. the very fact that the servers are based in Russia makes it seem almost bulletproof aswell.

Not to mention the support is quick. it only took like 3 minutes for a ticket to be responded to by one of this sites very friendly staff, honestly their support pretty much beat host gators support team hands down and I think I have found a new home for my website aswell.

I actually found this site doing a Google search for cheap Russian based hosting which led me to both this site and daringhost's website. it is almost like it was my destiny to use this website for my hosting.

This site definitely has my approval.

A new 50% off your first invoice coupon has been added to the thread. The coupon is valid on all billing terms (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, and annually)

Live chat is now online on our website as well. Please talk to a live chat operator if you have any questions.

Here's a quick review of DaringHost, I've been with them for a few months. First problem came right after purchasing the server: I can't do a thing with my new hosting because there's a huge attack going on against the servers (?). So I only got to work on it a few days later (no money refund or anything...).
I've been working on a new site, developing it on the live server (bad idea). There were hours and even whole days of downtime every week -- when I wasn't working on the site, I've learned about downtimes from Google Webmaster Tools - they send notifications when my site is down.
My site was almost finished when the server got down again. I've sent a support ticket asking about the situation - they said they are working on the issue and they will notify me when it's fixed. After about 5 days of waiting I've sent a new ticket asking about a backup copy of my data. Their answer: my data is lost, I can send them a backup file and they will put it back online. Well thanks.
I didn't have a recent backup, months of work is lost - and yes, it was partially my fault, but still, I wouldn't recommend this host.

Here's a quick review of DaringHost, I've been with them for a few months. First problem came right after purchasing the server: I can't do a thing with my new hosting because there's a huge attack going on against the servers (?). So I only got to work on it a few days later (no money refund or anything...).
I've been working on a new site, developing it on the live server (bad idea). There were hours and even whole days of downtime every week -- when I wasn't working on the site, I've learned about downtimes from Google Webmaster Tools - they send notifications when my site is down.
My site was almost finished when the server got down again. I've sent a support ticket asking about the situation - they said they are working on the issue and they will notify me when it's fixed. After about 5 days of waiting I've sent a new ticket asking about a backup copy of my data. Their answer: my data is lost, I can send them a backup file and they will put it back online. Well thanks.
I didn't have a recent backup, months of work is lost - and yes, it was partially my fault, but still, I wouldn't recommend this host.

Thank you for your review. Regardless of if the review is positive or negative, we do appreciate that you took the time to give us some feedback.

When we expanded to our Russia location we did run into the problems you stated in your review. The datacenter repeatedly gave us faulty hard drives for our server. Each hard drive they gave us corrupted and failed within weeks of each other. After the third time of this happening it was clear that it was not possible to provide reliable web hosting from Russia.

To solve the problem we have now moved back to the Netherlands on a server with a raid 1 setup. In additional to that we are now using backup software that stores backups for one week. This ensures that even if one backup is corrupted, there will still be another one to restore from. For example: Monday's backup is corrupt and unusable, Sunday's backup can be restored because he will have it stored.

Even with the changes we have made above, we are still working everyday to provide a reliable hosting experience for all of our hosting customers. If you have any additional ideas on what we can do to better ourselves please feel free to PM me so we can discuss.

Once again, thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. I wish you the best of luck with your website/project in the future. If there is anything we can help you with please contact us.

Last edited:
Ohhh my God.
Move to this hosting service.
5-star service, moved to here and I'm very happy.
The DaringHost has a professional support service, very effective and competent.

Last edited:
my quick review:

I've been using this host for 2 months now...

before that I was with knownsrv and I was with them for about two years, when I felt like I just wasn't getting what I paid for..

But in my experience, hosting is comparable to dating woman. Unhappy so you break up with her because you swear she was a dirty whore, only to find out that your next girl is even worse. I have been through this love / hate relationship with hosting before... so I looked around for a while. Then i found DH.

SO glad I switched.

DaringHost <3

Solid.

The support (via email) is super quick and more fun than a barrel of monkeys..
The servers are pretty dec too I hope they don't oversell because this host is awesome. Even helped me out with a few wordpress problems, replies to my questions are super fast.

Recently Transfered my shared account in Daring Host to a VPS.
Every day that passes the more surprising Daring Host, a tremendous professionalism, really recommend to all who seek a premium support and help whenever you need it.
I trust the 100% my site to Daring Host.
The whole process of transfer was done for them, without that we have to worry about anything.

Very special thanks to the Daring Host

Last edited:
u will ignore DMCA or abuse

Official complaints/DMCA's will be forwarded to you and we will ask you to fix or remove the content that is being complained about usually within 24 hours (depending on the type of complaint)

Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back