Cooling Solution to an old CPU and motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Have an old AMD CPU, motherboard and RAM. So I got an old PC from around 2000 with a 250W PSU, will this hold? Do not know what CPU it is, but at least the socket 939, is probably around 1.5-2.5GHz, guess it is an Athlon 64 X2. The biggest problem is that I do not have the CPU cooler, I have cooling fins, I lack the cooling ribs parties. Do you have any tips on how to mount a cooling ribs then?

6 comments
He must be having SMPS or else how would his pC would work without Power. Anyways I also need sometips. My pc is getting restart due to CPU temprature

I have Pentium D 3GHZ, 3GB ram

Did that on my PC. I applied thermal cream between Processor & heatsink but no use. Its getting too hot. The reason is its packed from behind but is their any way that I can release this temperature regularly

If you don't have the CPU cooler you won't be able to turn on the computer at all since the system won't detect the fan. What you could do is apply thermal compound on the CPU to cool it down or use liquid cooling for a good results. Keep in mind without any source of cooling for the CPU your computer will not turn on. You can get a cheap cooler on ebay ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back