Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder

I wanted to convert my board from phpbb3 to ipb3 .
All went well until I had to move my board as they discribed in the info.

Code:
http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/official.html?record=175q

I am stuck on Part Seven: Moving the board
The problem is , when I installed my phpbb copy , I installed it directly in the public_html folder.
Just like on other boards I had, I also installed IPB 3 into my public_html folder.

So they say in that part 7 that I should rename my phpbb folder into something like "old_forum" and the ipb version into the one that phpbb 3 was before.

But how can I fix this problem , as both of the forum softs are installed on the same dir.

I hope someone can understand what I am trying to say here :))

Thanx in advanced.

Regards,
WarezFreak

2 comments
One way would be move your phpBB forum into a directory and change the config file to match this, then convert to IPB the way it says.

Once complete move IPB into the public_html folder & update the 'conf_global.php' file to match the link change.

This should solve the problem.

If your still stuck just add me on msn

sean@dotnet-media.com

Ok , that worked but now I have some other problems.

- seems that my original account has been over written with a new account and my old one now is : Guest_WarezFreak_* so all my posts are not assigned to my new account any more.

- seems that something went bad in the conversion as all the download links from all the posts are gone and also all the screenshot. And when I investegate by editing the topics , I see this : <!--NoParse1957--> and the numbers are all diffrent.

(I asume that there went something wrong when I converged the bbc codes from phpbb to ipb. )

- when I am in a forum (the first page) and I want to go for instance to page 3 , I get a white page. ANd that goes for all the pages that I want to go to in the forums.

Would someone knows how to fix these problems?

Regards

WarezFreak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back