Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Hi blog owners/readers

My question is as following.. How often do you as the editor update your blog? Do you post new content daily? Do you post more than one post per day? Once a week?

If you as a guest visit the blog, how often do you expect new content?

Thanks

19 comments
One of my favorite blogs only adds a new article every 3 months on average. It's being six months since they added a new article.

Other blogs I read are news and tech news blogs. They have 3-5 new articles daily but news blogs need to update more as they are based on information that changes constantly.

In general quality is what counts. That blog which hasn't had a new article in 6 months still get's thousands of hits a day as the quality and content of the articles are just amazing and so far ahead of anything that exists anywhere else on the subject however due to the subject matter topics which are two years old are still current and relevant.

I have one blog and traffic is very good and it only get's a new article every 2 weeks if even. If you have the quality and something people really want but doesn't exist anywhere else you don't need to update often.

I presume your on about uploading tips site you own. In my opinion I think the articles while useful are only average to poor. Your also aiming at a limited market.
I don't wanna review your site here anymore as it's going away from the original topic so will concentrate on content.

Generally topics for uploaders should still be current in a years time so I'd concentrate more on better quality topics rather that doing quick tip small topics.

Thanks for replying :D

I don't have any experience regarding the whole concept of blogging and writing guides/tutorials so it's new to me and more like a learning.

may not have as good vocabulary and I'm probably not as good at formulating words but that's because i've never study any english.

I assume that most people started out with "poor/average" quality in the beginning and I hope that one day I can write something that's admirable.

As for now, i'm trying to post something new at the blog daily. That's more fun for me and I think that it's bigger chances to get more readers because if one topic doesn't help a person, maybe the other topic does. I feel that, if you're having more content, you will more likely succeed to help more people.

The small quick tips I recently started should probably only be posted in the forums and I should maybe only focusing on the bigger posts on the blog.

Thanks

To add to Mr Happy's great post, do some research on what you want to write about. Do studies, post your evidence, results, and conclusions you're coming to. A hot topic is making money off of file hosting sites. You should do research on how much you can make, how easy it is, and if referrals are better than other methods. That's the kind of topic people want to read about.

everyday 3-10posts, i leave alot posts in future, so if i dont have time for like 2weeks new content still gets added daily.

Faku

What kind of blog do you have? Is it a legit blog or is it a warez blog?And from my point of view it looks like it's automated since you are mentioning that stuff gets added daily even though you are away for two weeks ..

its legit blog, food recipie blog and arcade blog, its not automated, what i ment is i sometimes can do 50posts a day, where i publish 10 and rest is put in scheduled for the next days like 5per day= 8days posts total :P well its kinda automated....

i do have automated warez blogs too where i get like 60 latest posts per hour from warez-bb apps/movies or so...

what you do is save the post as a draft and then when you dont have time to write anything up you go and publish the draft as it takes seconds vs minutes if not hours depending on how much time you put into the blog post.

oh i tought you ment the forum->blog leecher.

you simply change the time for the post and hit publish, it will then be future post :)

OK, excuse me, but I feel kinda dumb right now.

Thanks alot though. Discovering new features all the time lol.

Now lets get back to topic. :)

OK I'm picking your latest topic which is http://uploadingtips.info/usershare-earn-60-per-1000-download.html

I'm actually weak at English and grammar and only helped by spell checker but I know what Google likes and like to explain things in simple English. When writing something try and make sure that both hard core uploaders as well as a 90 year old granny who never heard of a file host can both follow the topic. Notes are in red

Usershare.net Highest Paying network around $65/1000 downloads.
Should be: "Usershare.net - The Highest Paying File Host with up to $65 paid for 1000 downloads" or something similar that is a real sentence.

all your text is centered when it should be left aligned.
UserShare is a file host explain what a file host is and list examples like Hotfile, Rapidsharethat is kneen on easy of use and having friendly design platform.sounds poor, try - a great looking website that's both user friendly and easy to understand. Usershare can be used to store and stream movies like mediafire? and most audio formats.Eg, mp3, m4a, mkv, rnvb,wav, midi etc. too much info and confusing. No need to list them. Usershare are currently offering quite a number of features and updates released daily.such as? list a cool one and explain it. When you vist the site you will see it has all the bells and whistles of most file host, like what? remote upload? name something. give examples but UserShare boast having the highest payout around, say how much it is and how much more this is to others one of the fastest networks in the business. fast for who? Uploaders or downloaders Speed Test Here – http://www.usershare.net/93u8ql4ppoz8 and they count all countries. should have a screenshot of the result. People are leaving the site. If you have a screenshot or image you can explain the image while they don't have to keep jumping between tabs. Another screenshot of hotfile comparing would also be good.

Code:
You have an image here

FAQ Answered
FAQ should be in bold and bigger text
*Free users download unlimted
your not using real bullet points
*NOT 1 ip per 24hr, but 1 ip per unique filethis sounds good. Is it?

*Hotlink downloads counted wtf is that?

*Free hotlink bandwidth given what does this mean?

*Free User storage space =500GB is this good or bad?

*Free/Registered Users can use FTP , just activate in their account is this common?

*Payments made every 3 days min payout?

*Free users upload size = 1GB say if it's good or poor compared to others

* Registered Users upload size = 5GBsay if it's good or poor compared to others

Read more at UserShare.net should be find out more in the forum

Register with my referral link confusing having two links here.
Register without my referral link

This has the potential to be a GREAT article but as your just listing weird numbers and features without comparing them to the other file hosts I've no idea if it's good or not so I'd have to still do a load of research before I know if it's good or not.

I hope me pointing out thinks in the article shows how you can improve it and learn from it. It's meant to be a help and not critical or insulting in any way.

EDIT: lol topic looks terrible and confusing with all the red and their has being loads of new replies about that wordpress plugin since I started this reply :P

Thanks. But I have to admit, that's one out of three posts that I haven't created.

It's definately a nice read, i'm going to pick up a few tips from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back