Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know, a lot of people are probably thinking "How newby can you get?" But I admit, I am a newbie to this kind of stuff, so I'm at a rough start.

$config['Database']['dbname']This value should be altered to state the name of the database that will contain your vBulletin installation on the database server.

$config['Database']['technicalemail']An email address should be entered here. All database error messages will be forwarded to the email address provided.

$config['MasterServer']['servername']This sets the address of your database server. On most installations the database server is located on the same computer as the web server, in which case the address should be set to 'localhost', otherwise use the address of the database server as supplied by your web host.

$config['MasterServer']['username']This variable contains the username provided to you by your host for connecting to your database server.

$config['MasterServer']['password']The password that accompanies the database username should be entered here.

I need help filling this all out. :(

3 comments
database name would be the one u create in cPanel (accountusername_databasename is the normal output)

tech email is any id u want

master server: localhost

database username would be the one u create in cPanel (accountusername_username is the normal output)

password is also set by you.

U have to add the privelege of that user to access the db from cpanel mysql databases section.

This link has the complete screen view of how to create a user, db and add them
http://www.interspire.com/content/articles/38/1/How-to-create-a-MySQL-database-in-CPanel

database name would be the one u create in cPanel (accountusername_databasename is the normal output)

tech email is any id u want

master server: localhost

database username would be the one u create in cPanel (accountusername_username is the normal output)

password is also set by you.

U have to add the privelege of that user to access the db from cpanel mysql databases section.

This link has the complete screen view of how to create a user, db and add them
http://www.interspire.com/content/articles/38/1/How-to-create-a-MySQL-database-in-CPanel

I did the DB part, I understood that part but wanted to make sure. Please copy and paste what I pasted on the first post, and then kind of fill out what you can, so it'll be easier for me to understand. I really want my first vBulletin to be a success, so everything needs to be neat. :delighted:

Why don't you just add someone from support, just go on my hosting site and click support. Instead of overloading this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back