CoinUploads.com - Bitcoin based file host (new model in the market)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coinuploads

Hello WJ community! :sun:

We just started a new file host based on Bitcoin.

This is not an other copycat file host. It has a very unique model.

Maybe this is the future of file hosts or at least the market can use some parts of it. I'm curious what you think.

Let me start off with the downside: the downloader must have bitcoins first to use the service. But purchasing bitcoins is much easier today than it was 1 year ago thanks to bitinstant.com (cash deposit) and coinbase.com (U.S. bank account).

Advantage for uploaders:

• Instant payment after each download. You get your commission immediately.
  • 70% commission
  • Anonymous payouts
  • We can't froze or delete your account: there are no user accounts.
  • We can't hold back your payments
  • There are no chargebacks
  • No registration needed
  • No upload limits
  • No pressure to sale premium accounts

Advantage for downloaders:

• No registration needed
  • No log files
  • Cheap pay-as-you download plan
  • High-speed download
  • Ad-free download
  • Anonymous micropayments (nobody can tell what you paid for and what you downloaded)

Advantage for DDL/directory/search/referal site (coming soon...):

You can earn direct commission for each download. Just attach your bitcoin address to the coinuploads.com links and you earn 35% commission instantly after each download. (35% goes to uploader 35% goes to referal).

Check the website out:

http://www.coinuploads.com

All feedback is appreciated.

<3

Last edited:
45 comments
You upload the file, set the price (or leave it on default) and set your payout bitcoin address. Thats it.

The other party pay by bitcoin and download the file.

the thing is this is like a "always prem on mode on files" filehost , so basically people who cant pay cant download lol nice model but only the rich will download :)

"and where do we put our bitcoin number to get commision ?"

There is a small form immediately after you upload the file.

nice model but only the rich will download :)

We can make micro-transaction with bitcoin. I mean real micro-transaction like 0.0001$. That was not possible before. :sun:

Last edited:
though if u just wanna make money then this model is good if u think abt ur downloaders then its bad bz most will not opt as majority of them cant buy so u have to decide to think abt urself or abt downloaders. U always have options :)

but problem is in many countries withdrawing bitcoin money is not fesiable . wat abt tat ??

"but problem is in many countries withdrawing bitcoin money is not fesiable . wat abt tat ??"

At bitinstant you can make instant bitcoin -> paypal. And mtgox.com has a very good coverage too. And there is always p2p methods like http://bitcoin-otc.com/

Bitcoin its only good for Hidden Wiki site,without legal market this is zombie money

but i supported you

Last edited:
What you need on your page is, to link downloaders, where they are able to exchange real money for bitcoins. Also, to link them so they can figure wtf is bitcoin. If you leave it this way, you are doomed.

I mean front page, with HUGEASS fonts. If you count on users, to click FAQ, then rethink again.

What you need on your page is, to link downloaders, where they are able to exchange real money for bitcoins. Also, to link them so they can figure wtf is bitcoin. If you leave it this way, you are doomed.

I mean front page, with HUGEASS fonts. If you count on users, to click FAQ, then rethink again.

Agreed,

Without first educating the users it's going to be very hard.

I think it's going to be tough anyways, but at least you're taking another avenue.

Good luck.

i agree lots of people not even heard about bitcoin

I have to second cvrle77 on this: you MUST hold the hand of a potential customer every step of the way when introducing a new concept or technology. Most people are disinclined to try something new, even if they only have to do a little background reading on the subject. You have to incorporate BitCoin exchange links, and a short informational blurb, on every download page.

Also, it seems you have a minimum fee for every download, calculated at $1 per GB; it's very unlikely that most uploaders will be able to work with this. Forums and other link databases disapprove of pay-only sites (which is what coinuploads amounts to at this time), and downloaders are wary of forking over money, even micro-transactions, atleast until they've gotten comfortable with the reliability of a service. At a dollar per GB, this would amount to a small fortune for serial/daily downloaders. You'd be better off if you offset your costs with advertising just like all the other DDL hosts out there, and which would allow you to give uploaders the choice of whether to charge downloaders or not, or downloaders themselves to choose to pay for improved services (faster, unthrottled download, more concurrent connections, resume, etc.) And anyway, there's no reasonably justifiable price above the $1/GB minimum, therefore no uploader would be inclined to change that to anything higher.

You aren't the first site to venture into a bandwidth quota/pay-as-you-download model. FileShoppe.net (which has several threads on WJ) is another. It doesn't offer BitCoins, but they do allow micro-transactions with another relatively obscure payment processor, which is where they've faltered. You, however, can succeed, with your BitCoin support. Nevertheless, take some cues from their business model, because it was very generous in spirit to both uploaders and downloaders.

Your single advantage over other hosts here is having a transaction system that is free from the burden of intimidation and pressure tactics that has brought other such ventures to their knees. Don't trip up now by making the affiliate and download systems unappealing.

And make the provision of FTP uploading your number one priority. If you flip through the threads of other hosts on WJ, you'll see what every uploader's thoughts are on ordinary web/flash/remote uploading.

Best of luck with your business venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back