Status
Not open for further replies.

$stocome

Heyllo guyz, I'm bout to choose my career and i feel like everything that's computer related is my interest. Interests like Graphic designing, Hacking, Gaming, Working with photoshop, aftereffects, sonyvegas etc, i've created Counter strike maps a long time ago with hammer too. in short, i have no particular interest which i'd say i'm the most interested in, i get bored i switch i get bored i switch back. Mind is full ov shit at the moment and i can't decide what the hell i should do, B.s in Computer science or Graphic designing or whatever. I just don't want to regret in future. Can you help me with this state of my mind ?
Thankyou

13 comments
IMO, Hacking, Gaming, and Graphic design, should not be listed on the same line. You should choose the sphere in which you can work 5-6 hours today, tomorrow, the day after... And personally, I would exclude Hacking and Gaming from the list.

Coding, always.
Even if you don't have real job, you can code from home, so you will never be jobless.
Even when you are retired, you can code. You can always reuse your own code, and you can always sell your product multiple times.

IMO, Hacking, Gaming, and Graphic design, should not be listed on the same line. You should choose the sphere in which you can work 5-6 hours today, tomorrow, the day after... And personally, I would exclude Hacking and Gaming from the list.

Well, i don't know how much time i can be 'not bored' to something. My mind is some fked up shit, it says go use photoshop, i start finding tutorials, learn some shit purposelessly, get success in it, be happy then my minds says wtf go learn java but since java is not 3 hour work my mind fcks up in the middle and asks something else..
Oh and sorry for not being elaborative, by hacking i meant Coding and making money doing stuff on the internet and stuff like that and by Gaming i mean 3d max and stuff like that.

Coding, always.
Even if you don't have real job, you can code from home, so you will never be jobless.
Even when you are retired, you can code. You can always reuse your own code, and you can always sell your product multiple times.

I see, does coding come under Bs computer science, software engineering cvrle77 ?

Last edited:
Software engineering (SE) is the application of a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the design, development, operation, and maintenance of software, and the study of these approaches; that is, the application of engineering to software.
Or in other words, programming. Or, coding.

Hm.. i meant my country's uni offer two bs Programs. Bs Computer Science and Bs Software Engineering. what's better ?

Coding, always.
i used to learn about coding or programming in the school but i forgot everything.
is it possible to learn coding through the inet? if yes can u tell me how, or just where to learn the basics of coding(free if possible)

i used to learn about coding or programming in the school but i forgot everything.
is it possible to learn coding through the inet? if yes can u tell me how, or just where to learn the basics of coding(free if possible)

you can find plenty of sources to learn coding from the internet, W3school is one the best out there try it.

Pick something you love to do, but just be warned... after it starts getting some what frustrating... it may kill your love for it.

Pick something you love to do, but just be warned... after it starts getting some what frustrating... it may kill your love for it.

Indeed, that is what i fear sir. I'm choosing Media Sciences now, i've heard they teach both coding and graphic designing, as they both coincide. Fits my interest

Career

The safest path is for you to do Computer Science from a reputable institution. While studying at university, you can specialize in other things you love like graphic designing & coding. But if you don't get a formal education, you may as well face some trouble later on, specially when you decide to get into bad stuff like hacking etc. So be focused on your goals, and be expert at what you are really passionate about. Jack in all but master in none is not a good idea. I hope you get successful in whatever you decide to choose :)

if u are really into gaming u can be game tester. and if u like coding that is the way to go. designing in itself a very big field. and if u are into photoshop and sony vegas try a going for media arts and fields like press media that have demand for it

The safest path is for you to do Computer Science from a reputable institution. While studying at university, you can specialize in other things you love like graphic designing & coding. But if you don't get a formal education, you may as well face some trouble later on, specially when you decide to get into bad stuff like hacking etc. So be focused on your goals, and be expert at what you are really passionate about. Jack in all but master in none is not a good idea. I hope you get successful in whatever you decide to choose :)

Oh Thanyou for such a nice advice, sir. Especially that thing you said about Jack, it really made me think :)

if u are really into gaming u can be game tester. and if u like coding that is the way to go. designing in itself a very big field. and if u are into photoshop and sony vegas try a going for media arts and fields like press media that have demand for it

Oh how much i wish they let me choose each interest from each field :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back