Can't import dreamhost database in other

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul23

I have a site at dreamhost, and i exported my database using phpmyadmin. But i can't import that database in other cpanel host.

Should i have to make any changes, coz dreamhost gives hostname as mysql.sitename.com. Should i have to change it to localhost. Is that is enough ?

Please help me.

Thank you.

11 comments
I created a new DB with cpanel, imported my site db into it. Then when i open the site, its showing, install wordpress.

i changed details in new config files. mysql.hostname dont didn't occur in database.

I tried another host, export was successful, i can access admin area but not first page. even tried changing htaccess file :(

Which control panel do you at the dreamhost. if its cpanel . ask the new hosting provider to transfer the account for you . By providing your cpanel login details .

Thanks for All replies.

Dreamhost provides their own panel, so i had to manually download all files, databases and upload to new host.

It worked when i uploaded files as it is. First i installed latest WP version and uploaded only wp-content files and imported database then it gave me errors.

I didn't change anything except changing mysql.sitename to localhost in wp config file.

Thanks again for all replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back