Can you solve this puzzle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope no one actually got the solution through internet searching
===============================================================
So, here i reveal the proper solution.

To make things easier let's just give names to the 3 prisoners:
* The first prisoner (the winner) let him be: Nolan.
* The second prisoner : Jackson.
* The third prisoner : Tarantino.
Now, Nolan can see 2 whites on Jackson & Tarantino's heads, fellowing the hints, he will start to have some other clues when the time passes, he could now be sure that both Jackson & Tarantino couldn't figure out their own colors.
At this stage Nolan will start wondering: What can Jackson see? he sees a white on Tarantino and my color whatever it is. Now, if he sees a black on me, then he's seeing a white and black, so he couldn't directly guess his color, meaning he will start wondering what Tarantino is seeing.
Now Jackson would then think: "If Tarantino sees a black on me, and there is a black on Nolan's head, then Tarantino must conclude that he has a white hat, and therefor he'll be freed long ago. But since he hasn’t left, I must not have a black" !!
In this case Jackson will conclude that he has a white hat on him, but again since he wasn't freed he must not seeing a black on Nolan's head, he must seeing the opposite ! which is a white hat ! and therefore Nolan conclude that his hat is a white hat and got his freedom.

That's it. I hope the solution was well explained, and you enjoyed the game.
Special thanks to everyone tried to solve this puzzle either he shared his thoughts with us or not.

well my answer was right, and u still dont agree...

the actual puzzle is diferent then what u gave,

its actually 3 people sitting in a row, so each can only see the ones in front of him, so the last one can see 2 people, the middle one can see 1, and the first one cant see anyone, and the first one is actually the one who knows his hat color, no hints needed to find the solution.

^^ I didn't disagree, i only asked you for more details :) and yes i heard your version long ago, it was easier that way.
I have mentioned that it's a modified version of the original "3 prisoners puzzle" you can find so many versions but i think this is the best one.
Thanks for your participation.

I hope no one actually got the solution through internet searching
===============================================================
So, here i reveal the proper solution.

To make things easier let's just give names to the 3 prisoners:
* The first prisoner (the winner) let him be: Nolan.
* The second prisoner : Jackson.
* The third prisoner : Tarantino.
Now, Nolan can see 2 whites on Jackson & Tarantino's heads, fellowing the hints, he will start to have some other clues when the time passes, he could now be sure that both Jackson & Tarantino couldn't figure out their own colors.
At this stage Nolan will start wondering: What can Jackson see? he sees a white on Tarantino and my color whatever it is. Now, if he sees a black on me, then he's seeing a white and black, so he couldn't directly guess his color, meaning he will start wondering what Tarantino is seeing.
Now Jackson would then think: "If Tarantino sees a black on me, and there is a black on Nolan's head, then Tarantino must conclude that he has a white hat, and therefor he'll be freed long ago. But since he hasn’t left, I must not have a black" !!
In this case Jackson will conclude that he has a white hat on him, but again since he wasn't freed he must not seeing a black on Nolan's head, he must seeing the opposite ! which is a white hat ! and therefore Nolan conclude that his hat is a white hat and got his freedom.

That's it. I hope the solution was well explained, and you enjoyed the game.
Special thanks to everyone tried to solve this puzzle either he shared his thoughts with us or not.

This answer is so confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back