Can somebody explain me what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaksr

Guys today i recieved a email to my mail id claming to be my isp provider (Reliance,india)and below mentioned details were sent in that mail.But Frankly i bit about this.can somebody explain what is this all about becoz i very rarely send mails through my system and is this mail genuine?

Code:
Dear Customer,

You maybe aware, that there are various national and international agencies that monitor Internet traffic on an on-going basis. This monitoring is done for the following reasons:

To prevent misuse

Limit damage caused by spread of computer viruses

To prevent any copyrights violations

For managing individual’s security

These agencies share information related to breach and violation of Internet usage with us regularly.

It has been reported that your system seems to be infected with Rustock botnet - a  mass spam mailer. All infected systems resort to auto generation of excessive spam mails.Kindly take below preventive actions to prevent such incidents.

1.Install and maintain a updated anti-virus software at desktop level.
2.Install and maintain personal firewall.
3.Keep up-to-date on patches and fixes on the operating system and
application software and use genuine software.
4.Exercise caution while opening email attachments.
5.Do not click on the link provided in any unsolicited emails.

Spamming is a serious and punishable offence according to National and International Laws related to Cyber Crime and may cause Legal Action to follow.

Please take this into your notice and kindly ensure that such incidents are not repeated in the future.

6 comments
Not being Funny here but if this came from your ISP they would use your name or the username you set up with them.
they would also give you a password or other identifying info so you knew it can from them, they would not send it to Dear Customer they have your details and would use them.

Anything sent to me with Dear customer gets treated like any other spam or phishing item it gets the boot from my compute, remember companies that you deal with and know you will use the details you gave them to contact you and not Dear Customer.

Hope this helps
Keo

Well my system is super clean and i have a updated antivirus and after getting this mail i just checked in whether anybody else has also got this email infact many recieved this mail and lastly i called up isp's customer care but it seems agent was not having particular info regarding this email and he just blankly asked me to keep my antivirus updated.

Technical term for that is "BOLLOX"

Can I interest you in a timeshare in Iran, you seem gullible enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back