Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Wjunction should act like a middle man in terms of payments. Wjunction holds the payment for 30 days and then release it. I mean Wjunction is what both customer and a seller would trust on rather than trusting each other.

Yea ^^^^ that sounds weird :D but hey i m just throwing ideas.

BTW Business age check would be hard for new comers. But yea it will help us get stable services.

The copied idea is a good idea to avoid scammers returning.
The publicly posting? Coming dude, gtfo to a shithole in Russia if you want to work that way.

mind your language shit hole
scammers all info should be posted publically,they scam n run away so why not,are you a scammer or what

All these rules wont really Help!
RapidSpeeds is almost 2 years old, still they closed down and off course Darren was 21+
BoxSlots's owner is 25+
I dont think Asking Hosting Companies for their Personal Identity proofs will do good either.

Instead as vgnheart said, we can only warn members!

There is no good way to prevent it. Scams will be always.
Like there always will be some car thieves / hooligans on the street.

Two very legit and "looking professional" companies vanished - RapidSpeeds and BoxSlots, so legal company, 2 year old business (which is bad idea, blocking the market) will not help...

RapidSpeeds example, they offered unmetered bw, good hardware and nl location (which is expensive itself) for very low prices... they must dead sooner or later.

If something is too cheap can't be working good for a very long time.
Most of ideas posted here wasnt good for long distance, they just block the market.

Best solution (like boxslots and rapidspeeds showed) is simply paying month-to-month and making backup of very important files on your own. If you can count, count on yourself, shit happens all the time.

//edit

There are some criterias what should help in choosing a provider.
Like if someone is year+ in business, its always more respectable than 1week old host.
Im not saying new=bad but it always brings more respect and help you.

For example there is new RDP provider every day, most of them will not live 2+ months imho...

Last edited:
Legally registered is a very bad idea.
First of all the last 2 big scams (RapidSpeeds & BoxSlots) were both legally registered.
Then you could just as well remove the hosting section. For example there's not a single RDP provider on Wjunction that is legally registered.

I wouldn't call RapidSpeeds and BoxSlots as scammers, they didn't intentionally scam you! Unavoidable Situations portrayed them as "scammers"
Their Business Failed and they went bankrupt, Scam would not be a appropriate word for it.

But thats what I feel, Everyone has their own views!

Glenn, most of affairs there was not intentional scam, Jacob from, huh forgot name his rdp company, was scammed by intensecool, boxslots was hacked, rapidspeeds, hmm, they wasnt scammed but imho they offered something which costs more, and couldnt make their liabilities to leaseweb (reseller) i would call it just bad luck and bad investement

Glenn, most of affairs there was not intentional scam, Jacob from, huh forgot name his rdp company, was scammed by intensecool, boxslots was hacked, rapidspeeds, hmm, they wasnt scammed but imho they offered something which costs more, and couldnt make their liabilities to leaseweb (reseller) i would call it just bad luck and bad investement

Yup! I agree
Someone with No Business Sense would call them scammers while people having it would call it as Bad Business or a Fail!

What if all new hosts had to provide free service to 3 approved members for one month each (free) - then those three members would report on speed, uptime, etc - not that all problems will occur in the first month, but at least we'd know how their support and service is.

Not that bad idea Mindy. Of course if someone get only these 3 members untill get approved support will be SUPER GOOD if owner dont get any more sales from different source :p.

It will keep kids away from "hosting marketplace" because this way they need invest more money into it.

ask people who post "reviews" a proof that they actually using the host .. and avoid those comment like if id have money ill buy one etc

These members shouldnt be "0 posters", someone respected.
That idea is good, maybe WJ staff think about it, make some changes (or not) etc...

Really simple. Two requirements.

1) Must be a registered company, and verifiable.
2) Their servers are paid for in full 1 year in advance.

Registering a company and all the legal paperwork will deter little kids from starting up a fly-by night web host.

Proof that servers are paid for in advance will help prevent hosts from running away with member's money. If they can't pay for a server for at least 1 year in advance, they're probably going month to month and any slight little hiccup, hack, or charge back will put them under = run away with your money.

Businesses should have enough funding to take a loss anywhere from 2 to 3 years, if you don't know this fact, you shouldn't be doing business. Don't start up a company without sufficient CAPITAL to hold you up!

I wouldnt say a 2 yr limit maybe a few months limit, i don't really see the point for this thread,

hawk,me,el_j,e_light,loget,mrsandvik,phamous, and hell hundreds of other members have had threads just like this in 2009,2012, and now 2011 whats the difference ?

Hosting forum is a large traffic forum for WJunction, You can't implement a "Kill Rule"

The staff & mods are doing a great job as it is on the forums, thats all i can ask for and thats all you can ask for.

Now im guessing you made this thread because of boxslots yes ?

get the facts first no one scammed anyone, it was a exploit in the new whmcs billing softwear which lead to there downfall but before that they never had any negative reviews at ALL.

But being a server administrator as my self, I URGE people to wait at least two weeks after such a new release of any type of software/scripts

Best Regards.

//Add

many of you are forgetting WJunction is not dedicated to web hosting

@Ludo

Really ? i laughed my ass off

I think the big thing would be to have someone in charge of actually checking out the sites, owners, backgrounds, try to dig any info on them, if they owned any previous companies, see if the sites have what claim(ie: ddos protection see if they aren't just using iptables), and another thing I think would be a huge is to only allow registered companies with a business license, or registered with the irs, or similar type services, to prevent any kids from thinking of making a hosting company and then thinking they don't want to do it anymore in a month, since these things take time it would prevent idiots from doing this, also verify billing panels are legit, and any information that would help out.

Really simple. Two requirements.

Registering a company and all the legal paperwork will deter little kids from starting up a fly-by night web host.

Proof that servers are paid for in advance will help prevent hosts from running away with member's money. I
Businesses should have enough funding to take a loss anywhere from 2 to 3 years, if you don't know this fact, you shouldn't be doing business. Don't start up a company without sufficient CAPITAL to hold you up!

This is the only sensible comment in this entire thread.

The company should be Registered.
So, the owners cannot just close the company and run away.
I also agree on the 1-year-advance payment thingy.

Most of the new hosting providers jump immediately on providing hosting and use WJ solely as advertising and not to contribute.

Perhaps a minimum number of posts or a minimum number of months membership would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back