Brand (paintin) new image host - please review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's a fantastic idea. I'm really unimpressed with all the new image hosts who concentrate so much on the design and end up as a result with little or no features and poor uptime. Think about it. Tinypic, Katz, WBB, Google etc all aren't exactly the prettiest sites in the world but are built on quality of product rather than GFX.

One thing I see an issue with is how you are going to finance this. Image hosts aren't exactly cheap to run. Your going to need adverts and or text links on it to support it. How are you going to intergrate adverts into it considering the design.

Another thing. You chould change the Chose File button to an image too.

I think it's a fantastic idea. I'm really unimpressed with all the new image hosts who concentrate so much on the design and end up as a result with little or no features and poor uptime. Think about it. Tinypic, Katz, WBB, Google etc all aren't exactly the prettiest sites in the world but are built on quality of product rather than GFX.

One thing I see an issue with is how you are going to finance this. Image hosts aren't exactly cheap to run. Your going to need adverts and or text links on it to support it. How are you going to intergrate adverts into it considering the design.

I completely agree with you. He could change everything into that type of image! All text etc etc xD

Very unique and pretty awesome. Could turn into something crazy popular.

Lmao this gave me a good laugh thanks :P

Well like you said its fully functional so cant complain their

Nice work i guess XD

Hahaha.. thanks for the appreciation there ;)

No, seriously. I like it. :P

Btw the look's aesthetic indeed. ;)

Indeed. I'll add the zip upload mod by tonight hopefully. Next in line is URL upload. And then user reg/gallery in 2 weeks. I've got major plans for this.

H0LY SHIZ DOOD. 'TIZ TEH B3ST IMG HOST1NG SITE EVAH!!! =D

If you need any help with it, just ask. xD

xD .. you can program? :P

Don't let it go down. Domain and design are both great!

Haha.. it won't be going down anytime soon :D

First post in the entire thread that actually gets my idea and appreciates it for what it's worth. That was exactly my point when I came up with the idea. I won't let GFX issues get in way of features. A rich experience for the end user is 10x preferred as opposed to a fancy design. Most of the image hosts you see these days are the same old generic script trying to set themselves apart based completely on the design/GFX. Why would I use them? When there's 10 more that do the same thing - only look different.

So that's my plan. It's just me trying to prove that GFX is not everything. It's features that count - mainly!

As for supporting it. Well, I did think of it before I actually decide to code and implement the idea. I own a network (along with a partner) and the main site does pretty well. I'll reserve a % of funds that I get from that project/site for this. That should easily finance the initial startup I'll need to get it through. After that, I can always think of other ideas. One possible idea, should lulzimg really kick off crazy, would be to switch the design - but to something that's more on the simple side, as opposed to a flashy 'we are teh 2.0 pwnt gfx host' design. Something 'google like'. Google has always inspired me :)

And thanks for the suggestion. I'll actually get round to making all the changes. I just have a week of exams getting in way. Once done, I'll be working full flow on it.

Design stolen from vpsps (or whatever it was called - from aeroflux / thegodfather) :(

Sorry, but I did this design in paint - in 10 minutes. If you think I stole it, please GFY. I don't need to steal a design that was done in MS Paint ffs. Don't flatter yourself. Fail much.

I completely agree with you. He could change everything into that type of image! All text etc etc xD

Very unique and pretty awesome. Could turn into something crazy popular.

Yep I could. But I have to keep the end user experience in mind. And a cluttered design is the last thing I would do. If I opt for changing everything to GFX (even if it's MS Paint) I'd lose flexibility if/when I decide to modify it later. Not that flexibility really counts when you're designing in MS Paint.. but still. A site that's low on GFX loads fast. And a fast loading site = happy user :)

Looks nice..
I think you overdone it a bit though.. :P

Hahaha.. <3 that comment. Sure as hell over did it ;)

I am not sure if it's up to the standard of the lulz but here's my contribution (an advertisement banner for lulzimg) =)

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/u/oqdymm.png[/slide]

Btw that template is truly epic CM! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back