BlackBerry #GetTheFacts - Why I Believe RIM Is Not Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberAff

getthefacts-6su.png

There has been a lot of rumours on the internet lately with regards to BlackBerry and Research In Motion including articles pointing to the demise and irrelvancy of the BlackBerry platform. Despite some efforts from RIM to contain these myths, I have decided to put together a fact sheet to help us loyal #TeamBlackBerry users get the facts right about what that others have been saying about the platform.

No one uses a BlackBerrys anymore
Last quarter, Research in Motion sold over 7.8 million smart phones and 260,000 PlayBooks in addition to the 49 million BlackBery and 1 million PlayBooks sold in the last fiscal year - that is approximately 140,000 devices sold EVERY SINGLE DAY! These sales are make up core of #TeamBlackBerry which has a total subscriber base of 78 million strong.

BlackBerrys have no apps
Currently there are over 125,000 apps submitted to BlackBerry App World (I got this figure from the app # that I submitted just an hour ago). This is figure while admittely is still lagging from the competition, is a number that we've seen to be rapidly increasing. Within the last 175 days (starting from July 10th), BlackBerry users have made over 1 billion app downloads - thats approixmately 5,714,286 downloads a day or an average of 13 apps downloaded per 78 million users within that period - keep in mind not all users have access to BlackBerry App World so that actual figure is lot higher per user! This brings the total number of BlackBerry app downloaded to over 3 billion downloads!

Developers are not interested in developing for BlackBerry
There was an article published last week which talked about the lack of developer interest in developing for the BlackBerry platform. Since the launch of the BlackBerry PlayBook in April 2011, there has been more than 25,000 apps submitted for this device. This is approximately 55 PlayBook app submissions per day. The majority of the applications submitted for the BlackBerry PlayBook will run as-is on BlackBerry 10 platform or be able to run with minimal adjustment. This means, assuming a linear momentum with no growth (ie. no large growth of developer interest - which we know is absolutely false, just search #bb10jam), BlackBerry 10 will have approximately 34,000 apps compatibale apps avaliable on launch date (assuming we see BB10 launched in Janurary)! As RIM continues their BlackBerry Jam World Tour sedding over 6,000 devices to intersted developers, we can expect to see that the interest in development for the platform to continue to grow as developers continue to comment on how easy it is to develop for the platform.

There no value in buying a BlackBerry
Messaging (BBM), instant noticiations, qwerty keyboards, these are the features that BlackBerry is King over when compared to other devices in the smartphone world. These features drive what makes a BlackBerry a BlackBerry and differentiates a smartphone user from a BlackBerry user (or as Thorsten calls them 'BlackBerry People'). One of the key drivers of BlackBerry in consumer markets like Asia is the BlackBerry Messenger app which is exclusive to BlackBerry smartphone devices. Despite numerous discussions to licence out the software to other platforms which are not able to replicate it's instant notifications abilites, RIM has decided that BBM will be one of their 'core' features which will help drive consumer sales in BlackBerry devices all over the world.

Having written the above, I am convinced that Research in Motion has been built with a solid business core of 78 million users, an expanding development community, and value being the king of notifications, messaging and physical keyboards in the smartphone world. These core fundamentals is why BlackBerry is still in business and why people will continue to support this platform. So I'm convinced that RIM is not dead ... the question is are you? Let us know in the comments what you think!

- Source:- (URL)

15 comments
What a load of crap.

Prove you believe this is true and go buy shares in RIM. Almost anyone would feel ok in buying Google, Apple, Amazon, Facebook and even Microsoft Shares (windows 8 could do well) but nobody in their right mind believes Blackberry will return to where it was.

Agreed, Now if black berry could open up the the Android OS then id believe they would have a good fighting chance, But if they stick with there is meh its out dated

RIM is "DYING". They are "laying off" many many people so they can keep their "SHARES".

nobody in my area uses blackberry now. It is either Apple Or Google

Because the BB OS is outdated. Android and iOS is the hype right now. The first iPhone was okay, I didn't see many people use it in comparison to BB's at that time. Flash forward you see iPhones and Android everywhere. I rarely see a BB anymore. Soon something new will sprout that will catch the eyes of the public and that is innovation.

I really disliked the Storm's touch screen. It wasn't very fluid and hard to browse on things. I never owned an iPhone, until I played with an iPod touch. I was amazed at the sensitivity. Blackberry launched the Torch later on. This phone wasn't all that great. It didn't offer many features above what other phones had, and didn't look 'cool' or 'luxurious.' Apple taking the luxury side and Android taking on the 'cool' looks. BB is just out of it where I live at the moment.

Just because a company is still making sales doesn't mean very much. A lot of corporations make tons of sales, but it's about profit and how much you put out to make that profit. The margins on Android is quite slim, I can't imagine how BB can compete at razor thin margins and sales #s.

There is no point arguing facts, something I usually enjoy, as in this case it's pointless.
It's so obvious CyberAff is a blackberry user. I'd love if he got an iPhone or Samsung S3 for his birthday or Christmas. It's like an old person who uses the default Internet Explorer 6 or 7 and has for years. They just need someone to install a modern browser for them to see the difference and help them make first step.

All I can do is pray, and I encourage others to join me, so that CyberAff receives the help he so desperately needs.

God/Alla/Budda/Steve Jobs - whoever up there is listening, please help CyberAff update so he can once again see the light and future.

I have never used a Blackberry but from what I know of them their email system was/is superb in its heyday but since Android which integrates directly with Google you can just setup a Gmail account and use IMAP for your mail. Couple this with Google Apps so you can use your own domain name and I seriously think "how is Blackberry still going?".

I currently have the HTC Wildfire S which runs Android and I am in love with it, simple and easy to use and does what it says on the tin.

JGM.

Last edited:
People that have ran a business, I mean owned business will know how good BlackBerry was. And they will respect it.

Kids and smartasses nowadays think they know everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back