BigFile.to - Your #1 Hosting & Video Service - The Fastest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayaka: Ok. Kindly pass me the source that says there are more.

diogocanuto: Unless someone takes a video or reports it with some sort
of better information then I don't know how it can be fixed. I've tried
with Chrome browser and it works 9/10. When I try to show it to the
techs, it can't because I can't replicate it.

Jo,

According to feedbacks from downloaders, BigFile's main drawbacks are:
1. Current premium users should send you mails to cancel subscriptions.
2. The network is poor. The premium download speed is lower than competitors such as RapidGator, let alone the free download speed.
3. The payment gateway rejects too many legit credit cards and virtual credit card. Because of point 1, users are apt to use virtual credit card in order to cancel the subscription anytime, but your payment gateway rejects them, so they finally choose another filehost.

Now the new brand BigFile has been up for many months. You should take care about the reason that RapidGator's Alexa Rank is still better than yours. Yes, they randomly delete files and cheat affiliates, but their Alexa Ranks is still still better than yours. Even in April, their worst rank is still under 1000. Although you think RapidGator is bullshit, there are still something that you could learn from them. Reviewing the RapidGator's thread, you could find many people complained about the cheat of stats, but affiliates still stick with them. They are not stupid. The fact is that they cannot find any better filehosts which can make so many sales. If there are not any valuable benifits, they can give up RapidGator instead of crying in that thread. If BigFile is really a better choice, they would come here instead of crying in that thread.

I still doubt that the download speed isssue is caused by your infrastrcture, not the issue of the network. You might heard users of other competitors usually complain some file servers such as s12 are down so that users cannot download files from those servers. Filehosts who have such problems often provide the fantastic download speed for premiums. There must be some bottlenecks on your infrastructure because it looks much different than others. At least I saw download traffic are from ddl.bigfile.to, which can be resolved to many IP addresses. Although it can be resolved to many IP addresses, I still doubt something is highly centralized, such as your storage or traffic throttling processes. Before you announced the new brand, almost all uploaders stopped uploading files to Uploadable, so the loading of your servers are almost zero. The premium download speed was ideal then. Hence I conclude the root cause is the scalability of your infrastructure.

I know the payment gateway issue that rejects credit cards and virtual credit cards is not controlled by you, but other items are still able to be improved by you.

Last edited:
gibalah: RG and UL will remain at the top. You can't just "take over" -
People stick with what others demand. No one would have gone with RG if
all the top competitors didn't vanish over night. Anything else would be
wishful thinking. For the rest, I will relieve from commenting in public
as that would be a private matter...You seem to have enough knowledge to
pass judgement and know how it all works :-)

Jo: I don't think RG can remain at the top if you can solve the download speed issue and the auto rebilling issue. At least you don't need to ask affiliates to post BigFile links only in order to get sales. Because I also earn from website sales from multiple filehosts, I can get additional information and know more matters. For example, I can see where a sale is genereted, so I can know what filehosts are posted on that page. Therefore, I can analyze which filehosts are preferred by downloaders and ask them the reason. Besides, when BigFile and RG links are posted on the same page, downloaders usually buy premiums from RG links no matter how those links are ordered. When RG links are dead and BigFile links are still alive, they usually ask uploaders to fix RG links. I asked them a lot of time, and I concluded the 3 items that I listed above.

In addition, the feature that you didn't delete files was your best weapon. After you implemented the safe box and applied the 10TB limit, it became much weaker. You would win RG if you could keep files and solve network issues, but you decided to cut the storage cost first and expand your business to image hosting and video streaming. I don't think it's a wise decision, but you probably have your own theory. It's normal because our information sources are different. You get feedbacks from your current customers via your ticket system, and get stats from your internal stats system; I get comments from your potential customers or quitted customers, involving other uploaders, and get stats from website sales and link click event logs of Google Analytics. Here I simply want to let you know my observed results.

Last edited:
2016-11-26
114/$0.89 :facepalm:

Hard work every day.
Files up up up every day.
But, Earning down every day.

I even got good earning in your Uploadable.
But now, I get bad earning in your Bigfile.
Bigfile always update again and again. The result is earning down day by day.

Last edited:
@Ayaka: Maybe it's caused by the new speed restrictions during peak hours (from 11AM to 5PM, GMT+0). It was announced on 11/21. If your major visitors come from GMT+5~8 timezones, it means almost the whole night, and they would cancel download jobs or ignore BF links forever.

@Ayaka: Maybe it's caused by the new speed restrictions during peak hours (from 11AM to 5PM, GMT+0). It was announced on 11/21. If your major visitors come from GMT+5~8 timezones, it means almost the whole night, and they would cancel download jobs or ignore BF links forever.

2016-11-18
133 / $ 1.04

2016-11-20
121/$0.99

So, Perhaps it's one, but it's not the main reason.

Last edited:

2016-11-18
133 / $ 1.04

2016-11-20
121/$0.99

So, Perhaps it's one, but it's not the main reason.

How many DLs did you get everyday in August?

@nice989: Now, I get a lower download speed, just like the free speed.:whistling:

No, free speed during peak hours is about 50 KB/s, so the premium speed is still a bit useful. I only can teach premium users to use IDM to rape BF servers now.

Last edited:
@all: Download speed will only be temporarily. In the new year it will return to the respective speed again. Wait time remains the same.

gibalah: Didn't make much of a change when we offered X, Y & Z...RG still remained at the top, so that won't change for a while either.

petertouch: Delivered well. Short sighted opinion when we all we have done is to deliver an amazing service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back