Best XML Sitemap Plugin For Wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyvalentine

Hello Everyone,

Recently I installed Yoast SEO plugin for my wordpress site. This plugin has the ability to include sitemap for a site and the interesting part is, this plugin can divide the main sitemap into children sitemaps. Previously I used Google XML sitemap. I submitted both of the XML sitemaps from webmaster tool but I don't think that's wise. So I want to keep only 1 sitemap for my site. Can you please suggest me which XML sitemap I should keep on my site?

13 comments
I've always used Yoast's SEO Wordpress plugin. It gives the best results for the websites I work with and for.
So I say stick with what you know. And I know Yoast :)

The sitemap directs Googles robot crawlers to your site and tells them what they are looking for. They then build an index of the site for listing in searches etc.

The sitemap directs Googles robot crawlers to your site and tells them what they are looking for. They then build an index of the site for listing in searches etc.

You think I don't know that! It seems you are one of those guys who just want to increase post count!

This one is great and has an EXCELLENT review https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/ edit: my apologies I didn't read clearly what you had wrote my bad :(

No problem!

I've used the sitemap that comes with Yoast and I've also used the Google Sitemap Generator plugin. They both work about the same. I would say just use the sitemap feature if you have Yoast installed instead of installing a separate plugin. It will be one less query on your MySQL database.

And I just realized the original post was from last year.

In you dashboard make search for xml plugin and use it.
Along with an xml sitemap for your word press site, your site should also have an HTML sitemap for users. XML sitemaps are readable by search engine bots but not by human beings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back