best option for fastest downloading? please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedrosa

Hi,

i just got a sborg hosting which allows torrent.

i can download and seed from it.

but it's taking too long to download, at times even 20 minutes,

i got to download with in a minute through ipt tracker or any other tracker each and every time,

also i should seed at least 1:1 as fast as possible so that i wouldn't get banned in tracker,

what is the best way do these?

can seedbox do this?

please help me.

Last edited:
13 comments
you need to download off fast trackers like SCC

even then speeds are not always gonna be fast.. thats bittorrent and it all depends on seeders

you need to download off fast trackers like SCC

even then speeds are not always gonna be fast.. thats bittorrent and it all depends on seeders

thanks for the reply,

i have ip torrent account. i see many people finish downloading within a minute and posting links. but for me it takes 20 + minutes to download with the present host.

can rdp help me to download very new torrent in ip torrent.

thanks.

i think your sborg host is overselling.
usually scene torrents are seeded very well on ipt/scc etc.It should take you no more than 1-2mins to download a 350MB tv show.

Try a vps or dedi if you are unhappy after switching host.

i think your sborg host is overselling.
usually scene torrents are seeded very well on ipt/scc etc.It should take you no more than 1-2mins to download a 350MB tv show.

Try a vps or dedi if you are unhappy after switching host.

thanks a ton. you cleared my main doubt, it seems my host lied to me :(

will rdp help to downloadnew tv shows in a minute when it comes to tracker ?

i can pay the price upto 26$ a month, what would be best for me, vps or rdp or dedi mate?

thanks again.

RDP is currently the best out there but you'll have to manually do few tasks.
If you prefer automation over versatility, I'd suggest sBorg from some reliable host.

For RDP I'd suggest the following (although it's also advisable to research first!)
AwesomeRDP

For sBorg -
sBorg

Both of the hosts I provided are very reliable and would help you download fast.

RDP is currently the best out there but you'll have to manually do few tasks.
If you prefer automation over versatility, I'd suggest sBorg from some reliable host.

For RDP I'd suggest the following (although it's also advisable to research first!)
AwesomeRDP

For sBorg -
sBorg

Both of the hosts I provided are very reliable and would help you download fast.

checking both options mate,

but cold you let me know whether vps or dedi better then rdp ?

one small problem in rdp, i have 500 kbps speed need and i saw the cursor getting stuck and pages moving slow because of my net speed ,will that be the case in dedi and vps too?

thanks.

checking both options mate,

but cold you let me know whether vps or dedi better then rdp ?

one small problem in rdp, i have 500 kbps speed need and i saw the cursor getting stuck and pages moving slow because of my net speed ,will that be the case in dedi and vps too?

thanks.

Well it depends on which OS the VPS or Dedicated Sever is using.

• For Windows, you'll have to use Remote Desktop Connection to manage it.
  • For Linux based OS, you'll use SSH to manage it. This one is what you're looking for, I suppose, as it takes less bandwidth.

Dedicated servers are usually more costly but they are state of art in hosting. As the name suggests, you get full access to the hardware contrary to the hardware being shared in VPS.

I hope this helps! :)

yes mate,it helped me.

i use windows 7. and i understand that dedi is better then rdp.

but when using it, how we connect to dedi mate, for rdp we use rdp option in windows 7, for dedi i am confused,

also is there any trick to make rdp less stucking mate? (cursor and overall load problem)

i have 1gb ram, increasing ram will improve loading in rdp mate.

Glad to know! :)

If the Dedi/VPS is on Windows you use remote desktop connection (just like RDP)

If it's Linux based, you need to enter SSH in Terminal to get around. Cheaper on bandwidth. You need to know Linux Terminal otherwise it's just a pain in ass!

Well, I'm not really sure, but I guess that might help a bit. Although the net speed is mainly why the lag is present!

@OP dont get confused between RDP and Dedicated server.

rdp is a protocol,like http,ftp etc.Its used to exchange information using a well defined "protocol" . What you call RDP is infact a dedicated server in which user accounts have been created.You login to that server using your account details using RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol).

You can use rdp to connect to your winvps,shared dedi or your dedi as well.

Linux VPS can have a gui too.install gnome(or ask your host).You can then login via teamviewer or something.

If you wanna download scene tv shows in say 1min of it being released,get a vps for around 25$ a month in the NL. Its got great speeds for torrent download as majority of seeders are present either in NL/FR = great peering.
its got decent uplink to the majority of the filehost.

Glad to know! :)

If the Dedi/VPS is on Windows you use remote desktop connection (just like RDP)

If it's Linux based, you need to enter SSH in Terminal to get around. Cheaper on bandwidth. You need to know Linux Terminal otherwise it's just a pain in ass!

Well, I'm not really sure, but I guess that might help a bit. Although the net speed is mainly why the lag is present!

@OP dont get confused between RDP and Dedicated server.

rdp is a protocol,like http,ftp etc.Its used to exchange information using a well defined "protocol" . What you call RDP is infact a dedicated server in which user accounts have been created.You login to that server using your account details using RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol).

You can use rdp to connect to your winvps,shared dedi or your dedi as well.

Linux VPS can have a gui too.install gnome(or ask your host).You can then login via teamviewer or something.

If you wanna download scene tv shows in say 1min of it being released,get a vps for around 25$ a month in the NL. Its got great speeds for torrent download as majority of seeders are present either in NL/FR = great peering.
its got decent uplink to the majority of the filehost.

thanks a ton to both of you mates,

solved all my doubts <3

well most of the questions been answered. but you should have a good ratio buffer first before you download off those private trackers like crazy. that way you don't have to worry about having a crappy ratio and getting banned if whatever you're seeding isn't seeding fast/enough. that could be due to low demand of that particular file. i must say that rdps have a lot of restrictions. for instance, most of the hosts out there only allow 4-5 torrent seeding. while a dedicated server you can have as much as you want. just my 2cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back