Status
Not open for further replies.
The best anti virus is no anti virus. But if your like me and keep a spare Windows PC around just for gaming then Microsoft Security Essentials is the way to go. BTW, yes there are viruses on Linux but they're EXTREMELY rare and I've never once encountered them, and if your someone who uses CrApple devices/software then don't worry about getting antivirus software because mommy and daddy will most likely solve the problem for you by buying you a brand new $5,000 CrApple laptop capable of nothing more than operating facebook. :)

A couple years back I tested pretty much every av solution for an enterprise deployment consisting of 5,000 physical Windows Desktops and we found all were inferior to Microsoft SE because they either failed to detect viruses we intentionally infected machines with or ate up far too many system resources.

I also suggest on top of Microsoft Security Essentials to install Auslogics Boost Speed (proprietary software) as it fills in security gaps for lesser nuisance things like malware and other trivial system health checks in real-time such as defrag, startup utils, disk utilization, etc. Even the disk defrag (in case you still don't have a SSD OS array/drive and have to worry about defragmenting your HDD every few years) on Auslogics is VSS aware which shows me how insanely detailed that piece of software is....

Last edited:
Nowadays, there are lot of antivirus software available. Some names are
Avira
Avast
Avg
Panda
Kaspersky
McAfree
Norton and many more. But I use avast. It is the best for my pc.

Oh.. Great Topic. Basically i have used "AVAST" antivirus for my PC. I feel very happy to use it. Because it's always free. I mean i have use it's free version. All time it give me update notice and automatically take Update. But i think Avast is also easy from another antivirus. Believe it or not. (finger)

I have said it before, Microsoft Security essentials does everything that you want it to do – and it does it free. If you compare that with one of the Malware programs (maybe Malwarebyes or Hitman) you are going to notice that you have much faster, cleaner computer than you did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back