Status
Not open for further replies.
The best anti-virus is the person behind the keyboard.
If an offer seems too good to be true; it is.
Don't download an executable from an untrusted source.
Adblock is awesome, although if you visit a site regularly that funds its self with adds I would recommend allowing adds on that website.. you wouldn't want that website to go down would you? That's just mean. :)
View all files in torrents before you download/execute.
Keep regular backups... sometimes s$#& happens and you just can't avoid it. It helps to be able to just backup. :)

Hope this helps!

Eset Smart Security for me

Such an awesome antivirus, so light, no annoying popups, no updates that take long etc.

And does its jobs so good.

For commercial purpose I recommend symantec is best to fight any attacks or malwares. Well for home purchase kaspersky is one of the popular antivirus.

Unthreat Antivirus

I don't see why we should pay for our antiviruses. I use a free AV called Unthreat and I'm very satisfied with it. I don't have any viruses and from reviews I've watched it looks like it has a pretty good detection rate..

Home wise, I use Avast. Not sure if it's the best for others, but it does the job for now.

It's one of the better antiviruses even though it's not that well known.. I've been using it for a while and have not been disappointed! try the Unthreat Antivirus.

Last edited:
Commercial: I've been using Kaspersky for the last 4 years. Does well, doesn't bog machines down, the administration console could use some work, though.

Free: For home use, I've been on the Avast bandwagon for quite a while now. Though in the past year, they've gotten more friendly with their popup notifications. Not something I care much for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back