Status
Not open for further replies.

my123world

Hey everyone,

hRaGtx5.png

Just wanted to update this because I have tried this one out and it is working like sexy! As you all already know BBM for Android was scheduled to release today.. They did release it but in private (so far). They are just pulling it off to keep the users waiting (I dont know why). A friend of mine works for BB and he gave me this APK.

BBM for Android - Real Live Working!!

Have fun everyone! ;)

21 comments
tbh i wont trust anything thats not officially launched,

The app can have malware and other stuff, you wont die waiting for a day or two to get the app launched in playstore.

SP - If it contained malware I wouldn't have posted it out here for sure.. It's working perfect and you can confirm the code once this one available on the store. I guess Google will clear out the fake ones at first and then put this one on. I can confirm this as legitimate.

Have you run a scan and check to what all services it is connecting and what all it can access on your phone aka permissions ?

Checked via AVG for some malware none found.. I did try out the leaked editions (which aren't working ofcuz) and they were detected as malware by AVG. You can wait for some more time I guess as they are clearing out the fake versions for sure before this one hits the market.

I wouldnt trust this app, I would & can wait for official release on google play. Apps looking legit doesnt really mean are legit.

Checked via AVG for some malware none found.. I did try out the leaked editions (which aren't working ofcuz) and they were detected as malware by AVG. You can wait for some more time I guess as they are clearing out the fake versions for sure before this one hits the market.

lol AVG

As i know the account which would be releasing the app on google play store would be "Blackberry Limited" no one other than itself. So if u are trusting other sites to download content which might or might not be legitimate then you sir are giving your phone details away to random fake shit heads :)

Well all I can tell is that the source is not one of those leaked site. Everyone is fine and free to use the OFFICIALLY released version (which is scheduled after some more time). The app is not screwed for sure, I am using it already and so are over 150+ people referred by me. :)

Either way, I have no problem. Just sharing what I am using.

Well, it's an unsigned APK. And Blackberry has taken down the app because of the leaks.

But I don't get it. Why are Apple and Google letting their competitor breathe?

Especially Google. Now that they own Whatsapp, they were supposed to make it the dominant chat app on all platforms. Instead they are allowing BBM to take away some share in the market.

Had Apple and Google refused to accept BBM in their App stores, it would have been the final nail in the coffin for them, and final seal in their coffers.

This has only given Blackberry more time to wind up(or to make a comeback). Maybe they could stage an Applesque 1996 comeback with some right strategies and executions.

Bill Gates and Co still regret saving Apple. I hope Apple and Google aren't left to rue this move down the years.

Well, it's an unsigned APK. And Blackberry has taken down the app because of the leaks.

Google took it down, not BB. BB just reports.

But I don't get it. Why are Apple and Google letting their competitor breathe?

Ever heard of free markets? These are not monopolistic markets, Google/Apple cant do shit about BB releasing an app for their platforms.

Especially Google. Now that they own Whatsapp, they were supposed to make it the dominant chat app on all platforms. Instead they are allowing BBM to take away some share in the market.

Get your facts right, Google does not own WhatsApp.

Had Apple and Google refused to accept BBM in their App stores, it would have been the final nail in the coffin for them, and final seal in their coffers.

BB has a fair market share, still. It won't go away so easily. Company maybe in trouble, but they have their own followers.

This has only given Blackberry more time to wind up(or to make a comeback). Maybe they could stage an Applesque 1996 comeback with some right strategies and executions.

Every company has the right to comeback.

Google took it down, not BB. BB just reports.

1239526_10202173133272035_1007592818_n.jpg

Ever heard of free markets? These are not monopolistic markets, Google/Apple cant do shit about BB releasing an app for their platforms.

They can. If they want, they can deny entry of an app to their stores. That's what reviewers are there for. Besides, every company has a right to decide who they want to do business with.

Get your facts right, Google does not own WhatsApp.

My bad. I thought they did accept the bid.

BB has a fair market share, still. It won't go away so easily. Company maybe in trouble, but they have their own followers.

Really? Why are they going deeper and deeper in losses then? Sure they do have their followers. But for how long?

Every company has the right to comeback.

Sure everyone do. But I am talking from the perspective of Apple/Google. Why will they like their competitor to make a comeback and later haunt them?

As I told before - No one can stop BB from going onto Android/iOS. If Google/Apple try to stop BB, they can be screwed by courts. In fact, it is easier for BB users to make the switch now. An BB exclusive app now available on other platforms, real good reason to switch to Android/iOS.

Yes I know it's a good reason for BB users to shift. Which, also means BB losing 99% more of their revenue. And if you think they can recover some revenue from making BBM paid on other platforms, then you must remember that messaging is getting cheaper(in fact free). And no one really likes to see ads in the app. So add to the $1bn loss, it will eventually bankrupt them. Which leads to eventual closure of BBM as well.

If you had a look at history of certain apps before, there have been cases where Apple have denied entry to some apps for they act as a competition to them. Though they have eased their policy on that slightly. But as I said before, you cannot force someone to do business with you if you are not willing to. Both the app stores are commercial markets by the way. In the entire way they operate, they are commercial.

The only reason why they can't deny BBM to the App stores is because it will make them look petty and hypocritical.

We will provide you an update on timing as soon as we can. Teams are working non-stop. Sign up for launch alerts at BBM.com

^ Update from BBM Official Twitter Account, 20 minutes ago.

Many of their servers are still disconnected as of now and I guess this entire thing is going to take a few more days to be functioning like goodie again. :/

lol @ it being fake.

The android apk was leaked a few weeks ago, and when it hit official launch for iOS, they backed out and said that the leaked version was to blame for the outage.

Fucking monkeys at BBRY, I can't believe I even spent money on my Z10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back