Baby with six legs born in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

amerriaz

Banned
Banned
article-2130729-129FBDB6000005DC-918_634x374.jpg

article-2130729-12A00CBF000005DC-254_634x405.jpg

ISLAMABAD: A baby born in Pakistan's Sindh province has six legs, with a doctor assessing that the removal of the parasitic limbs could be a "serious and time-consuming medical exercise".

The baby boy was born with extra limbs in Sukkur. He was on Monday shifted to the National Institute of Child Health (NICH) in Karachi.

NICH director Jamal Raza said the infant has a parasitic twin.

"One of the twins is living, while the other has become parasitic. The infant is all right and has been admitted to the intensive care unit of the NICH, but the removal of the parasitic limbs could be a serious and time-consuming medical exercise including both inner and cosmetic surgeries," Dawn quoted Raza as saying.

A team of five surgeons will look into this case.

The baby's father, Imran Ali Sheikh, 31, is an X-ray technician who married Afshan, 27, about five years back.

The baby is their first child.

"I want the doctors to save my son's life," he pleaded.

"I am a poor man and have already spent my savings on the illness of my wife who delivered the child after a caesarean section April 12 at the Civil Hospital Sukkur," he added.

Amazing recovery after surgery of baby with 6 legs

article-2132122-12ABE435000005DC-291_634x343.jpg

Father grateful as family does not have means for expensive treatments and surgeries

A baby born with six legs in Pakistan has undergone a successful surgery to remove four legs.

According to a report in The Examiner, the baby boy’s extra legs were removed by doctors after an eight hour surgery.

The boy had a conjoined twin that did not fully develop and hence the extra legs.

Doctors at the National Institute of Child Health in Karachi performed the surgery.

Dr. Jamal Raza was quoted as saying, "It was strange that apparently an abnormal baby with six legs was as normal as other children."

Imran Shaikh, the boy's father, is grateful for the help his child received especially since the family does not have means for expensive treatments and surgeries.

The report states that the Sindh Governor made sure the child got the help he needed.

The baby's mother is still recovering form her c-section, and is doing well.

The boy is to named Umar Farooq.

SOURCE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...kistan-Doctors-successfully-remove-limbs.html

17 comments
This baby had an successful surgery and now he has 2 legs only and doctors are pretty much confident he will lead a normal life like other children :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back