Awesome Upload Speeds of Rapidshare and Megaupload

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordofupload

As you know, upload speed of megaupload really sucks. Today I installed Rapidshare Manager and Mega Manager to my RDP - 1Gbit. And I drag and drop some files about 4GB to RSM and Mega Manager. Applications created links immediately. I checked links and links are alive.

I dont understand how it happens especially for Megaupload. I use zoom uploader for Fileserve-Filesonic-Filejungle and upload speed is about 30MB/sec.

Do you see that sth is weird?

11 comments
I think the files you tried to upload has already been uploaded by someone before you and they simply moved it from his account. It used to happen with me and lots of other people on hour 1mb home connection, we could upload a 700mb .avi file in seconds to MU, don't know about RS tho.

as Mr-R-T said , files already existed . that happends esspecialy with megaupload , rs already had great upload speed . i notice that few years ago , when i tryed to upload to megavideo with megamanager and 512kbps connection . that happends when you leech some file which already exist on MU and has the sam MD5 .

It sounds logical. But how? Just according to file name? what if I rename a video file with a name of game? We know .rar files have unique idies. What about .avi and .mkv files?

MD5 - Every file has it's own "code". MegaUpload only compares the codes, and if it finds the same one in their DB as the one you are trying to upload, it will just copy the file to your account.

I only got this to work with media files, name doesn't matter. The 4GB you uploaded, was it a rar file?

It is a like tag (i dont have better word to decribe), in MS Exchange Server if you send an email with attachment of 1MB file to 10 receipents, the server will not use 10MB for the attachment. Instead it uses 1MB and keep a tag each receipent email for best storage. Similarly MU and RS may use this technology, so if the uploader file is already exists then it keeps the tag information and space is not utilized for duplicate files.

Yes as Mr-R-T said MegaUpload check your file contents , i think the md5 of the file, if it's available in their DB they will grab it to your account automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back