Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone know of an effective way to block automatic posters? A lot of members are using them in my forum and that is causing server problems.

I run vBulletin 4.2.

I don't allow them in my forum btw, I ban members who I catch using them, but there's always new ones popping out.

Thanks.

7 comments
I don't know if VB has a mod that will ask a different question or use captcha at posting time but if there is you can use it to force a certain group to reply each topic they post so auto posters won't work.

Well,when i had a warez forum in the past, i made a group and only that group members were allowed to post threads in downloads sections. I added users manually to that group.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

@Lock Down

As far as I know there's no such mod for vBulletin. They don't even have a mod to add captcha on log in. That would be the perfect solution, I'll look into it.

@Webestrian

That's a good idea, until I find a mod like Lock Down suggests at least.

You can increase he time wait before a new thread for users. Also if you know the users you can block Ips as most of hem use VPS for posing.

If you change the login & posting urls on your site you will block all the nulled/crap older autoposters, this will help a lot

I dont think themaposter updates anymore, so it will stop that aswell.

I faced a same issue sometimes back and I blocked all postings and I manually approve the postings. I really find good and genuine posts from there on. I told them, "Your post is under moderation and will get approved within 48 hrs" and I will reject/approve based upon the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back