Status
Not open for further replies.

Grinder

Hi,

I wanted to know how you can know when a member is using an auto-poster.

Thank you in advanced.
Regards,
WarezFreak

11 comments
check the time between posts.. also check the topics for info like "thanks to blah blah.. " or some other site's name.. signature pics and all ..

theres a couple of signs improper bbcode usage and not being fixed almost immediately, rapid posts that always come in groups, malformed posts that are all out of whack, duplicate posts within a day or so of eachother. All of these are not 100% sure ways to tell if they are using an autoposter but are usually accurate. A good way to tell if a user is using an auto poster is post to one of their threads asking something or something that requires a reply from them if you never get a reply chances are they are using an auto poster since they probably never actually logon to ur forum. Good ways to protect against this is require human verification for new posts. Then you can have some type of a senior member group that doesnt require human verifiaction.

Ok, thank you for the nice tips.

So you can make up out the following screenshot that I have to deal with an auto-poster, right?

[slide]http://i43.tinypic.com/dz8fhd.png[/slide]

hmm either he is using an auto poster or he just joined ur forum and is copying and posting his threads from another site. but at the same time autoposters arent really all that bad as long as u r getting good quality posts that arent coming out all screwed. I mean its still content being posted on your forum right?

So you are actually unsure too?

But I did not tested if you answerd to a reply I make on his thread.
I will test it out.

yea try that and theres is never a 100% sure way to tell if its an autoposter as its doing the same thing u do when u regularly post a thread there are just a few telltale signs that can mean they are using an autoposter u can also try private messaging the user if they submit more posts but dont answer ur pm chances are they are using an auto poster that is if ur an admin or staff on the site and say in the pm that u require their immediate reply to the private message

Yeah, that is what I have done, I have sent him 2 pm's in the last hour, and he did not answerd me, even that he is still on-line and still posts his stuff.

So I can conclude he is using an auto-poster.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction ;)

There is some time between the posts..

When I'm posting (only manually) I'm not just working on 1 post.. I'm working on several at the same time.

But in this case he's probably using some auto poster to do the job. I can tell because of the views he is getting. I wouldn't wanna do that much work if I only get 1 view in 150 minutes time.
So chances are very small he is manually posting at your forum.

But by the look of it, he is doing quality uploads. So I wouldn't be so unhappy about it...

I am not that unhappy that he post all that stuff , but the thing is I have an rapidshare contest going on my board, and the winner gets a free rs account, and one of the rules is that its forbidden to use auto-posters.

And this sparhawk joined the contest, so I wanted to be sure that he is following the rules.

ahhh well send him a pm while he is actively posting saying in the subject if not replied to your disqualified if he doesnt reply to it and just keeps posting then disqualify him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back