Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruriko

Ruriko New Member Member

Jul 15, 2008
    I have a directory with thousands of subfolders in them. I want to create a text file in each folder containing the folder name in it. How can I do this in windows?

2. Lock Down

Lock Down New Member Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Here you go create a file called getDirs.bat and add this content
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    for /F "delims=" %%a in ('dir /ad /b /s') do (
       @echo %%~nxa > %%a\test.nfo
    )
    Put it in the folder with all the subfolders and run it. You can make test.nfo to anything you want..

3. Ruriko

Ruriko New Member Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Is there a way to make it work with folders containing Chinese characters?

4. Lock Down

Feb 21, 2010
    If the folder was written successfully in chinese characters than it should use them. What results are you getting now??

5. Ruriko

Ruriko New Member Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Well the error closes so fast that I couldn't fully read it but it said something about directory being syntax error. Works fine with english characters

6. Lock Down

Feb 21, 2010
    Use a dir /b/s > dir.lst command line command and paste the links here in a code box.

7. Ruriko

Ruriko New Member Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\(C82) [HYPER BRAND] Operation RAGNAROK CAN BE REAL (Ragnarok Online) [517251]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\(C82) [HYPER BRAND] Operation RAGNAROK EXTRA PACK 15 (Ragnarok Online) [517257]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Clarisse Karen vol.2 vol.3 (Lupin III Castle of Cagliostro) [514663]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\dir.lst
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\getDirs.bat
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Kokyu No Heya - Inzuma Wakai Juusei Ni Yogaru Hitozuma Complete [English] [515227]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Nakuru-chan is my sexy waifu~ [523721]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\Yabougumi Daiyaboureki [513600]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[ Go! Go! Heaven!!]?????????????25 -?????? ???- [525067]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[12CUT] ????? (Gakkou no Kaidan) [518382]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[2????] ?????!??CD?????????? [521206]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Ability] ????????????????????? [514182]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Abo Manten] Kyuusho seme maniacs vol. 3 (Weak Spot Maniacs vol.3) [521993]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Afro] Futanari angel cg collection [521560]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Aim-ZERO] Case Vol.4 [519927]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Air Hike] ?	??????CG?2 [525114]
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ArtistCG\[Air Hike] ?	??????CG?3 [525117]

8. Lock Down

Feb 21, 2010
    I guess that didn't work. Upload the file to a file host and pm me the link.

**************Update*****************************

change bat file to this
    Code:
    @ECHO OFF
    chcp 65001 > nul
    for /F "delims=" %%a in ('dir /ad /b /s') do ( @echo %%~nxa > %%a\test.nfo )

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  9. Ruriko

Ruriko New Member Member

Jul 15, 2008
    thanks it works

10. Lock Down

Feb 21, 2010
    You are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.