Ask Smith! (Fitness, Bodybuilding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm you don't want to mess with back. What kind of pain? Where exactly? Are you sitting in front of a computer lot? It could be scoliosis or any other back dysfunctions. More information would be good so I could tell you what you should do to get rid of pain.

Your back is imbalanced most probably. And just exercising, without knowing what's happening back there can make it even worse.

i have lumbar spondylosis. i used to lift heavy weights b4 but now i cant,

can u suggest me some exercise that wont hurt my back

You should consult a chiropractor singlelinks. But the ones that are specifically for athletes, they have different methods for back pains then general chiropractor.

Can I train every day if I exercise different muscle groups every day? For example, a 6 day split?

Well that's how I train, but it's advanced training, beginners will overtrain most probably.

Train for 3,4 months how I told you and then, when you are 100% your nutrition is balanced, resting enough and when you got solid base, give it a try.

How to get rid of bellly fat and make abs appear?

Like Sandvik told you, you need to lower your bodyfat, check my previous posts for "fat loss".

i have lumbar spondylosis. i used to lift heavy weights b4 but now i cant,

can u suggest me some exercise that wont hurt my back

Like Djlatino said, get your back fixed first then start with weight lifting. Because even if you do exercises right, you still can mess up back.

I'm still kid :( How do i lose cheeks ?

Also how to get extra shoulder bone ? cross one ! from neck to shoulder !

Since you are kid, your body is still developing. But I would suggest to start any type of sport, to build some good base. As sitting in front of computer won't get you broad shoulders. (that is, if you spend lot time on a computer)

Then once you get solid base, join gym and start weight lifting, everything will be much easier from there.

Hello,

I have a weak upper body. My arms are slim/thin and i kinda see my ribs although my belly is big which is pretty awkward. Can u suggest good home excercises which could improve my shape and strengthen my upper body part as well? Thank You

Ok I have another doubt (or myth)

Is it necessary to wear the that protection undies ? (don't know what its called, like panties xD) while lifting weigh ?

I heard that if you do weigh lifting without the protector, your balls will swell and would become big. Is that true ?

Ok I have another doubt (or myth)

Is it necessary to wear the that protection undies ? (don't know what its called, like panties xD) while lifting weigh ?

I heard that if you do weigh lifting without the protector, your balls will swell and would become big. Is that true ?

Interesting question.

Okay first of all, lifting gear is good and bad. I could talk about this whole day but you won't understand it. So, lemme put it simple.

Before answering on question is it good or bad to wear belts and so on I want to say that exercise form is most important.

Now, why is it good? Well simple, when you lift heavy, breath in and so on, core is under huge pressure. Iif you are not careful you might injure yourself badly (which can lead to hernia and other injuries). In other words, belt will create that pressure inside abdominals that will make sure everything is working and in control.

Why is it bad? When abs are not doing work they are supposed to (instead belt is) they become weak, and that is not good as then your core become useless without belt.

So like I said I want to keep it as much "newbie-understandable" as possible.

Conclusion? Use belt ONLY when you are doing few max sets just in case and when you put it on you are supposed to "push" stomach to fill that gap inside belt.

As for balls that's bullshit but again if lifting or pushing form is not good you might end up with hernia, so be careful.

Erm, anyone?

Hello,
I have a weak upper body. My arms are slim/thin and i kinda see my ribs although my belly is big which is pretty awkward. Can u suggest good home excercises which could improve my shape and strengthen my upper body part as well? Thank You

I was away from WJ for few days.

Best ones that will put some quality and balanced mass (across whole upper body) are Deadlifts and Bechpressing.

As for big belly, hmm do you drink a lot of beer? Anyway usually people who have big belly but are overall small have lot of fat and not so much muscle.

How do you get motivation?I know how healty is bodybulding, i know i should do it, i know what i could be if i dont do bodybulding but still i cant make myself to start with it.How you motivate yourself?

Yo Smith,

How the hell can you work out in this heat? :( or you don't? I keep hearing people saying don't work out in the summer or you'll lose weight, other say it's good cuz it pumps you out. So, which one is correct and what do you recommend? <3

Cheers,
RT

How do you get motivation?I know how healty is bodybulding, i know i should do it, i know what i could be if i dont do bodybulding but still i cant make myself to start with it.How you motivate yourself?

Interesting question.

Well it's not all about looking good (I did start with that goal years ago tho).

But as time goes you realize that everything in your body is connected. When you work hard, get desired look you learn so much along the way and then when you look good, you feel good and everything else comes alone.

As for motivation well I watched hours and hours of Bodybuilding DVDs, Motivational Sport and Bodybuilding videos over and over again. Read motivational books, audio books and all that has huge impact.

And you have to love it, there is nothing worse than doing something you don't want to/love. At first I was amazed by bodybuilding, it was fun but then It became boring but I never quit, it became my daily routine to go to gym every other day and train. As time went by I realized it became part of me, my daily life.

And now, I could never quit gym not because it's part of my life but because I love it so much and every day is getting me closer to my goal.

Succeed in bodybuilding/fitness (reach your goal) and you will have twice the strength to win the game of life.

Want to increase my penis what should I do :s

Never had that problem :P

I don't know it's possible but I heard some stories, dunno you will have to do some googling on your own for that one.

Yo Smith,

How the hell can you work out in this heat? :( or you don't? I keep hearing people saying don't work out in the summer or you'll lose weight, other say it's good cuz it pumps you out. So, which one is correct and what do you recommend? <3

Cheers,
RT

Yo <3

Well I train at around 10am on summer, so it's not that hot and we have air condition in gym so not a problem for me :P

When it's hot you sweat more = you need to drink more water otherwise you will dehydrate and that's not good.

As for loosing weight, don't worry, you might burn extra fat but if you fuel body with enough protein, you will only gain muscle not lose it.

Cheers

If you want to lose weight you guys are better off eating 5 small portions a day; drink 64 ounces a day.

My typical workout is this:
Wake up: Warm up for 10 minutes (Stretches), Run/Jog for 20 minutes, Cool down.
After: Yard work / Mow lawn

Also be sure to make a fitness profile.

Okay, so , uhm, I want to have muscles in my arms. Any in-home exercises for this? I only know pushups but i can only get up to 10 push ups. LoL.. Serious here.

Do sets. 3 sets a day. 10 pushups in a set. 4 times a week. And increase 5 pushups a week.

Yo Smith,

Cheers,
RT

Yesterday was 104 F and I ran a mile and had a long tennis game going over an hour. Not so hard to keep yourself cool drinking water.
Also if you'd really like to sweat but in a cool environment, I suggest you to try P90X. I'm currently taking PE during the summer because I want to finish of PE in 5 weeks rather than a year.

Never had that problem :P

I don't know it's possible but I heard some stories, dunno you will have to do some googling on your own for that one.

Yo <3

Well I train at around 10am on summer, so it's not that hot and we have air condition in gym so not a problem for me :P

When it's hot you sweat more = you need to drink more water otherwise you will dehydrate and that's not good.

As for loosing weight, don't worry, you might burn extra fat but if you fuel body with enough protein, you will only gain muscle not lose it.

Cheers

Cheers mate <3.

If you want to lose weight you guys are better off eating 5 small portions a day; drink 64 ounces a day.

My typical workout is this:
Wake up: Warm up for 10 minutes (Stretches), Run/Jog for 20 minutes, Cool down.
After: Yard work / Mow lawn

Also be sure to make a fitness profile.

Do sets. 3 sets a day. 10 pushups in a set. 4 times a week. And increase 5 pushups a week.

Yesterday was 104 F and I ran a mile and had a long tennis game going over an hour. Not so hard to keep yourself cool drinking water.
Also if you'd really like to sweat but in a cool environment, I suggest you to try P90X. I'm currently taking PE during the summer because I want to finish of PE in 5 weeks rather than a year.

Thank you as well for the reply, but I'm not looking to loose weight, I was actually worried I'd burn the muscle if I work out in the summer.

Smith, I want to increase my stamina.
Whenever I play games, do exercise I quit first compared to other guys because I cant take it more then that.

I was used to go gym for 1year then I have left it since 1 year.
[Push-ups, pull-ups, weight lifting etc]

What should I do, start exercise again ? Anything Specific ?
BTW I`m 6" long & weighted 65kg.

Is it okay to drink cold water during exercise or it should be room temperature ?
What kind of gym is preferable, AC Gym with low temp or normal temperature gym ?

Smith, I want to increase my stamina.
Whenever I play games, do exercise I quit first compared to other guys because I cant take it more then that.

I was used to go gym for 1year then I have left it since 1 year.
[Push-ups, pull-ups, weight lifting etc]

What should I do, start exercise again ? Anything Specific ?
BTW I`m 6" long & weighted 65kg.

Is it okay to drink cold water during exercise or it should be room temperature ?
What kind of gym is preferable, AC Gym with low temp or normal temperature gym ?

Well before bodybuilding I was playing a lot of football, basketball, volleyball and for all those sports mass is not important, actually if you have ton of muscle it can only slow you down. Stamina is much more important.

There are so called red and white muscle fibers everyone have. Red fibers are usually smaller but can "work" much longer while white muscle fibers are usually much bigger but they can't sustain so much pressure for a longer period of time.

Sprinters usually have much more red muscle fibers while bodybuilders have much more white muscle fibers.

Someone who is constantly doing some movement like runners for example, they run so much and they dont't have huge legs like bodybuilders. Instead they will have smaller legs but very powerful that could work for 2,3 hours etc. while bodybuilder with huge legs, even tho they have so much muscle on them, their legs can't sustain pressure for longer period of time.

No way bodybuilder could run for 1 hour without pausing.

You will never get desired stamina by lifting weights, much better would be to practice your sport much often.

So if you play football, go run few kilometers today, then in 2 days again and so on.

You could build red muscle fibers by doing more repetitions in your workouts instead putting ton of weight and doing it for 8-10 reps.

Since in pretty much every sport you need legs, while most would do squats with 5-10 reps, you would lower weight and go with 20,30+ reps on each set.

However like I said, it's much better if you simply practice your sport more often instead going to gym.

I remember back then I could play basketball for 3,4 hours. Few days ago I tried to play with my buddies and it was horrible. I lost all the speed, movement I had few years ago and after 1 hour I was breathing so much as If I was to die.

I hope you understood what I wrote, I try to explain it as simple as possible so you could understand and not forget it, because If I used fancy words you wouldn't understand at least half of it hehe.

Now that's one longer post, I hope I didn't confused you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back